1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ARM partners with Linaro for 64-bit Juno dev board launch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 3 Jul 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

it can run android (and windows rt) , the opteron A1100 is the first of new tech which likely will end up in small form factor home user pc`s - all in 1 soc in m itx

5. Gareth Halfacree

No, it can't. There's no BSP for AOSP yet that I've seen, so unless you know better it can't boot Android (yet), and Microsoft hasn't certified it for Windows RT so it can't boot that either - not that you'd be able to buy a copy even if it could physically boot it.
    I know, I've written about it several times on this very site. Still not seeing why you've posted it with a winky-face on this article about an ARM-manufactured, mobile-centric, Android-out-the-box single-board computer - none of which the AMD server dev board is.