1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Killing floor 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by murraynt, 13 May 2015.

1. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Has anybody here bought Killing Floor 2 yet? The first killing floor was great game for co-op, I hope this one is a good.

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, I’ve been playing it with all my mates. Great fun at its core – just waiting on more content now!

3. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

KillingCeiling servers are all mine if you see them :) Low latency UK.

4. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

I've been having a good time with the game, though playing with strangers is a little fraught at time. Let me know if anyone fancies a game or 3 and I'll fire up Teamspeak

5. BeeP

BeeP Minimodder

Never played these, it looks a bit like left for dead which isn't a bad thing, is it worth buying?

6. murraynt

murraynt Modder

If I get lag on Friday night Expect a PM :naughty:

I'm going to buy it on Friday when my tests are over. We can create a game between us all if you are up for it?

Killing floor is one of my favourite multilayer games that there is, along with Battlefield bad company 2. It needs to be played with a tight group though.It's not like call of duty where one strong player can carry the team. It can be frustrating when you go into a random match and get paired with poor players. On the other hand when things go well it's extremely satisfying.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't answer your question. Yes, it is worth buying Killing floor. I can't say much about Killing Floor 2, but according to the feedback on here so far it's also a good buy.

Last edited: 13 May 2015
  7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

It's like L4D in that you shoot zombies, but the similarities stop there. In L4D you have to get from point A to point B on a map, but Killing Floor is all about surviving a series of waves on the same map, then beating the Boss at the end. Killing Floor is also up to 6 player co-op not 4, and there are also different classes called perks. It is important to have a healthy combination of classes and know how to use them if you want to succeed at the higher difficulties (medics to heal team mates and tank damage from the big zeds, commandos and firebugs to take out trash zeds, and support/sharpshooter/demo to deal lots of damage to the big zeds. KF2 introduces new classes on top of these, but there are only 4 perks in the game at the moment).

I'm finding KF2 fun, however it is a lot more hectic and fast paced than KF1 since the zeds move a lot faster (as do you no you can sprint) and have new abilities. The weapons are still satisfying as hell to use and zed time is at its gory, dismembering best. With only 4 perks available it's definitely missing the balance that the finished game will have with all of the perks working together. At the moment teams are having trouble taking out scrakes and fleshpounds efficiently without sharpshooters and demos, especially if they don't work together.

Last edited: 13 May 2015
  8. BeeP

BeeP Minimodder

Sounds really cool, cheers for the feedback guys....still swaying but thats only because I always take an age to buy anything lol.

9. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

I'll try and make it, but I have a tonne of chores and other boring adult stuff to get done this weekend. But fingers crossed and add me on steam