1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to get work units

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by ArthurBuse, 6 Jun 2016.

1. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

For the past 6 days I have been unable to get work units.
    I am using client 7.4.4 on Linux Mint. CPU is an old AMD 8-core. I get lots of log messages like this:

2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Are you running a GPU as well, so that you have the number of CPUs set to 7?
    Prime numbers, and multiples of large primes, are an issue, and 7 has been 'banned'. Try setting the number of CPUs to 6.

If this is not the case, and you have it set to 8, then I'd delete the slot, save and then re-add a slot.

3. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

Thanks, that fixed it.
    FAH was folding on 7 cores, leaving one for me as it was set to Medium use. FAH refuses to use my ancient GPU but it is good enough for me as I do not play games. I have now configured it to use 6 cores.

4. Bogdanovki

Bogdanovki What's a Dremel?

I have no trouble getting work units, but I now have 4 work units that could not be sent to the server. 1 Per GPU... . Anyone got any ideas?

5. houch

houch Minimodder

im having the same trouble BUT im a novice at this so would like an idiots way to change it, i have a alienware 17 r4 , the gpu is folding but the cpu will not find a work unit