1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Audio file splitter

Discussion in 'Software' started by noizdaemon666, 11 Oct 2010.

1. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I just recorded some old cassette tapes onto my computer ready to be put on cd for a friend. Unfortunately, each tape is just one big file.

So, I wondered, is there a program that will split the file into tracks automatically?

Thanks

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

The problem you've got is that the recording picks the tape up as one continues file because there are no breaks on it. try some thing like replay music recorded http://www.applian.com/replay-music/index.php. You might be able to set it up so that any gap longer than 3 seconds creates a break, I know it can be set up so it only records when it hears music. Might be worth a look.

noizdaemon666 likes this.
  3. noizdaemon666

Thanks :) I've managed to do it though, using Audacity which has been lurking on my computer for ages not doing anything :)

bulldogjeff likes this.
  4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

See you knew you put it on there for a reason...lol. i love it when that happens. + rep for cracking it

5. noizdaemon666

I had a phase of 'Oh that might come in handy, I'll download that'. I ended up with hundreds of programs that I've never used lol Thanks for the rep by the way :)

6. allan29t

allan29t What's a Dremel?