1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Corsair announces Hydro Series H75 dual-fan cooler

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 25 Oct 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

So it's an H80 then???

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No. The H80 has a 38mm-thick radiator which, when the two fans are added, makes it unsuitable for more compact cases; the H75 has a 25mm-thick radiator.

4. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Ahhhh, that makes more sense. Thanks.

5. Panos

Panos Minimodder

H60 wasnt that good, even compared to H50. And I doubt anyone is around that used only 1 fan with those systems.

Even the H100 asks for push-pull config, and while is huge, there is space around to put it on on most cases today. (top). And yes I have one (as did a H50) and I know how big it is.

6. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

The H75 is an H60 with 2 fans instead of one. The price on Scan is about £9 more expensive (£67.98 as opposed to £58.32) so the price seems about right for a matching and included extra fan.

The thing that bugs me is the name. Using 75 instead of 65 implies to me that it is a better unit than the H60 and yet it is virtually the same except for the fan.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Actually, it isn't: as it says in the article, the radiator is redesigned and slightly thinner. The H60's radiator is 120x152x27mm, the H75's radiator is 120x152x25mm.

8. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I need more details to totally agree there. The article says it was redesigned for dual-fan layouts (not sure layout is the correct term to be used there), it doesn't say that the rad itself was redesigned as in the design of the internal fluid chamber. This leads me to believe that the change in thickness is a change to the outer shell of the rad rather than an overall change of design.

The proof will be in the testing. Many users have added second fans to a H60 so it will be interesting to see what the figures are between an H60 with 2 fans and an H75 as stock. However, I doubt this test will be done here on Bit-Tech as the argument of 'choice of fan and various cost differences' is often used for not doing certain comparisons, such as adding extra fans to cases for example.

9. Gareth Halfacree

You've got as much information as me, there: the radiator is thinner, that's as much as I know.

10. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

However you dress it up, it's hardly worth getting excited over.

11. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Who will be manufacturing these? CoolIT or Asetek?

12. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

It's an asetek model with a re-designed mounting and Corsair Sp-120 fans.