1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News LulzSec targets EVE Online, Minecraft, League of Legends

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

What is the reasoning behind this? Or are they just doing it because they can..

3. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

"For the Lulz"

I expect this comments section to explode with hate against them...

4. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

kids who think DDoS'ing is cool, I don't even count them as hackers if thats all they can do lol

5. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

They hacked into some bot net over the weekend and have been trying it out from what I gather.....

Funny that their taking request :p They also said that it only took "0.4% of our guns" to take down the escapist :S no one better recommended bit tech ;)

6. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

I don’t like the Medias definition of 'Hacking' a DDoS attack is not hacking.

Another case of words being to crude to describe a situation.

Lulz are just doing it for the Lols...Pure and simple, the power of a relative few to cause such disruption to many must be very appealing...Considering we live in a time that tries to stamp out individuality and force people to conform. I can totally see why people would be seduced by such activities. It’s not an excuse, but it is most certainly a reason.

7. oMonarca

oMonarca Elitist Brick

Remember how DRM and similar crap came to be? Oh! Right... Because assholes needed to prove a point. No, please go ahead and give reason to those who want to tie down the Internet and make it more controlled and secure and harder to use.

8. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

They've also targeted FBI affiliates, the US Senate, PBS, an Islamist Extremism site and Pron.com.

So nothing related to myself yet. I'll feel slightly less amused by the whole thing if they target Steam. Then again I tier my passwords across different accounts so I'm not sure how affected I'd be if they did hit something I use. Interesting that they haven't had anything happen to them yet after consistent attacks for 5 weeks now.

This helped me understand the situation a bit more:
    http://newschoolsecurity.com/2011/06/are-lulz-our-best-practice/

9. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

I agree this plays right into the hands of people who want to tighten the reins on the internet, which is most defiantly not a good thing : (

I think anonymity and safety in numbers has lead to Lulz being able to operate in the manner they do. The more authorities expose them the less likely they are going to want to face prison time for taking down random services.

I defiantly wouldn’t want to do time for inconveniencing some EVE players. Sony was targeted out of some vague principles, these new attacks are just because they can...No amount of belly aching is going to change that.

10. crazy95

crazy95 What's a Dremel?

i hope they get caught and killed
    dam vermin breed like mad
    attacking minecraft = death by stoning :p

11. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

Lulzsec are n00bs! omfgw3rl33tc0sw3dd052own... NOT!

12. DwarfKiller

DwarfKiller What's a Dremel?

Wake me up when this group have given up and just fade into the background.

13. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Its a conspiracy created by the Lizards from Zeta Reticuli!

14. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I think they do this because of the attetion they are getting from the caos they generate. The best solution in this case is to just let them die in the anonimity.
    Just don't talk about them anymore...

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I don't like this, as I imagine most don't either. Are Lulzsec really trying to help, or just being a pain? How long before they just start hacking every PC in sight?

Attack Minecraft? Why? I might not like the game but the developers seem like nice people.

I was also wondering why I couldn't access the Escapist last night (fancied watching some old ZP).

16. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Very true. These brainless morons just need to be ignored by those with any intelligence and then they can all go back to their mum's lofts and spend their time looking up pictures of naked ladies...

17. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

lol they are getting cocky aren't they?, whatever lulzsec, finally giving a reason to destroy net neutrality is what they are doing, fighting for a cause my ass, good work you stupid little script kiddies

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Conclusion: They're dicks.

19. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Not just for the Lulz, they attacked Eve due to Dust being PS3 only, believing it's a big "F*ck you" to the pc crowd who made CCCP all there money..

I believe the escapist attack was due to comments posted on the site about them and i have no idea why they targeted minecraft...

I'm not surprised they attacked league of legends too, the playing community is the hight of arseholeness...

20. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Actually it would appear an alliance called Atlas is claiming responsibility for paying Lulzsec to do it, and rather dumbly (in my opinion) appear to have announced it on their site.

something to do with, Operation: Free Shmak Datash.

"DDos Demitrios [ 2011-06-14 19:52:45 ]
    KEEP IT COMING BITCHES! :p
    FREE SHMAK DATASH! Demitrios [ 2011-06-14 18:34:54 ]
    We would like to annouce that Atlas. has paid LulzSec to carry out the final, and most important stage of Operation: Free Shmak Datash.

TAKE THAT GM HORSE / NOVA!

I await your pitiful attempt to attack me by banning my account, ****ers."

http://killboard.atlas-dot.net/?a=home

Tags: Add Tags