1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News NVIDIA launches GeForce 7900 GS & 7950 GT

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 6 Sep 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Does this mean you're unhappy again Tim? And was the review lead time the same for everyone or just our BiT?

(PS: that 7900GS XFX ad is pretty boring)

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

I don't know what the situation was with the other journalists in terms of hardware, but I do know that there were many other journalists who didn't learn about these products until last Thursday.

Initially we were going to look at one card, but because there are so many graphics cards being launched at the moment I felt that it would be good to look at a couple at differing clocks as we aren't going to revisit the topic again. We had only got one card on Friday morning and with one card (and some suitable comparisons) it would take four days to get it done. I've not had a weekend off in about three months and I'm unwell (because I've done nothing but work 7 day weeks for the past three months), so I also need some time off. It shouldn't be a requirement to work over a weekend to get the bare minimum done in order to meet a deadline. NVIDIA isn't the only site that want us to review its products either, so I work with what I know I can get done. Four working days with all hardware in-hand would be nice...

It's a bit different for many sites, as they work from home and can work on and off over a weekend. Obviously, all of my test kit is at the bit-tech offices so it's a day out if I choose to work. Of course, that's our choice, but a new graphics launch shouldn't be so rushed, IMO.

4. Dr Dark

Dr Dark What's a Dremel?

I think that Nvidia is becoming the "Motorola of the graphics world" - They seem to release a new card every 5 minutes...

However, it means that my tasty 7900GTX(Golden Sample) a bit cheaper!

5. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

It would be interesting to see some more behind-the-scenes stuff, as it sounds like you guys work flat out to bring us these reviews, whereas we simply have to click a few buttons and read a page or two...

And it does seem that Nvidia are going over-the-top with the amount of cards on release. It makes it almost impossible for most to choose.

6. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

WOW That 7900GS is a great price. I am thinking since it's built on the same core it can overclock well. There only making these cards to get rit of old cores and GDDR3 memory. I have a feeling that Nvidia is gearing up for a new flagship card with GDDR4.

7. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

QFT

go get liquored up Tim - you deserve it :p, I look forward to the review when its done :)

Also whats the deal with all the new gfx cards recently, has everyone in the world but me run into a small fortune or something ?

8. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Hear hear :thumb:

A friend of mine wants a cheap SLI computer ans a pair of those 7900 GS might be just the ticket for her. For me, I'm still lusting after a pair of 7950 GX2s and I ythink my 7800GT OCs will just have to soldier on until then. That's the one nice thing about all the new product is it should tend to push prices down on the stuff I actually want.

9. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I just bought a new card Friday :duh:
    Any graphics purchase shouldn't be that rushed either. It's better to do it right than to do it fast. I look forward to the results, whenever they get here.

:jawdrop: At any other job you'd be due for time off &/ serious over-time pay. If you're like most of us here you're into this because you enjoy it - Don't kill the joy (or your health) by making it an odious chore.

10. Nature

Nature Minimodder

AGP?

Tags: Add Tags