1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Deepcool Launches Two Mini-ITX Cases

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 7 Jan 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

They look brilliant, especially the tristellar. It's refreshing to see companiesdoi g something very different. Look forward to seeing someone mod it.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Indeed, better than your run of the mill rectangular boxes.
    Although i think the Tristellar looks more like the Viper from BSG than anything from Star Wars.

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Flip the Tristellar upside down, run some flashing white LEDs down the middle-front of of each box and you have a modern Flux Capacitor... The general design looks great although it may be a pig to work with. Now it just depends on it's price.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Ohhhhhhhhhhh sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

The Tristellar is the bom diggity! Finally - no more black boxes! I said this on the post about the MiniXL - after a Parvum I can't go back boring metal boxes. We saw that attitude becoming prevalent with the Prodigy didn't we - and now its slowly permeating throughout the rest of the industry. Of course, Antec will still make black boxes because they are dinosaurs.

Fings wot I wud like on the Tristellar: a window for the mobo (and maybe GPU?) Ability to mount two 120m AIO units (one for GPU, one for CPU).

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Oh, I can see his point...

[​IMG]

...and yours

[​IMG]

7. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I'm personally not a fan, I don't think they are very nice, bit too gimmicky for my tastes.

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

There's room in the mobo compartment for an aio cooler, in the exploded pic it looks like there one there at the front. Probably wouldn't be too much bother to mod the gpu compartment, but would be nice if they included the possibility themselves, or a special edition where you can.

9. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

edzieba wins! :)

11. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

Hmm... More importantly whats that case in the last image?

EDIT: Never mind "The Pentower is constructed from trestles..."

12. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Even if that is true, it's not like there aren't plenty of cases readily available that are the opposite of that.

Maybe some people don't mind putting up with a case that takes up more space and limits hardware compatibility...
    As long as it looks like a space ship :)

Last edited: 7 Jan 2015
  13. Xir

Xir Modder

hmmm, PCI-E extension cable, really? Wouldn't this cause problems?

(Beeing a dinosaur I believe I remember AGP having problems with angled brackets, let alone extension cables.)

14. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Shielded ribbon cables (like the ones produced by 3M) have been tested to have no noticeable impact on PCI-E traffic, ditto with rigid riser cards. Unshielded (but much cheaper) flex risers are more iffy, with some reports that odd artefacts show up intermittently. It is unclear whether this is due to cable quality, implementation issues (incorrect impedance of path-length matching), QC issues, or actual interference from an external source.

15. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

Pentower looks like the current Mac Pro - albeit without the clever design using a central shared heatsink core.

16. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

The Tristellar looks amazing, but that said I wouldn't want to own it. Nice to see companys thinking outside the box. Outside the box haha..Get it? Ya know coz cases are boxes...

I'll get my coat.

Tags: Add Tags