1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Possible to connect PS3/Xbox to laptop screen and mic?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mystvearn, 8 Jun 2012.

1. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

I want to play the PS3 when moving around, but since the TV is too big and fragile its slightly hard to do so. I was wondering if you can just hook the ps3 to the laptop and use the laptop's screen and speakers as output. I'm not talking about the HDMI in as that does not work.

I heard there are usb capture cards available. Not sure if anyone tried to connect the PS3 or their Xbox 360 to a laptop. A projector did cross my mind but image quality is not good also, I need a good screen to show it on.

So is it possible?

2. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

3. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

You can buy a small monitor/tv something around 10"+ that is lightweight. Something like they use in the headrests of cars. You can get a 9" tv for £80 and it has AV I/O.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Slight derail

What I want is to be able to connect a PS2 to a PC monitor, but the things that can actually do that cost a small fortune.

5. Hardware150

Hardware150 Minimodder

I bought a component to hdmi adaptor for this very purpose, worked great on the tv which already supported the component cables anyway, but not on my monitor as it didn't like the resolution and refused to display anything except "unsupported resolution" or something along those lines.

When I get the money I need a dell.

Edit: Cost me £30 off ebay iirc.

Fizzban likes this.
  6. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

I know what you're on about, but can't find the keyword for google search

7. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

Lilliput make various small monitors that have various forms of inputs, composite, hdmi, etc. Some have speakers, some have touchscreen. There are cheaper hong-kong delivered types for a lot less but don't last long. I went through a couple in my carpc a few years back.

8. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Thanks for the tip

9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I can't believe I never thought of it myself..d'oh! Thanks for the idea (have some rep).

It is still more than I want to pay when you consider a cable for an xbox360 or ps3 to a pc screen is like £3, but I will certainly be keeping an eye out for one on the cheap!

:thumb: