1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Windforce 3X Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 12 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

Still don't like the blue PCB.

What is it with companies designing a great looking cooler, and putting it on a crap looking PCB. I want a nice, clean matte black PCB with a black backplate and a decent cooler.

This is the thing- I can see the PCB of my graphics card when I use my PC- So my Asus reference 6970 looks, ballin'.

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Conclusion - "which east cost £50 more"...

Agree with TDK - I put a backplate on my 680 to improve the looks :D

This is a kick-ass card though... I did however look at it initially and, remembering the size of the reference card's PCB, thought to myself "looks like they've taken two 670s and stuck them end-to-end..." Would make sense if they've taken the stuff off the back and put it on the front though!

4. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Nice card, but overpriced (as all Gfx cards are these days)...£250 should be what the 670's cost.

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Would like to know how this card compares to the msi 670 power edition.

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

In all fairness, they cost a fair deal less in the US just because of conversion rates.

That said, I doubt there will ever be the anomalous HD48xx era ever again..

7. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

A card that's 5-10% slower than a GTX 680 should be £150 cheaper? On my price/performance calcs, the 670 is easily the strongest card out right now (bar 7970s on super special offers).

8. rollo

rollo Modder

The past cheap graphics card era is long over at least in the high end market, 670 680 will maintain a £300 - £350 price barrier with the 7970 in a similar thing they may see a reduction once the next gen is out but id expect similar high prices once its out.

9. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Well, obviously I meant such price reductions should be across the whole range, so as to keep the relative costs at the same level between cards.

My point was that ALL gfx cards are way overpriced these days..

YEHBABY likes this.
  10. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

Value 28/30!

11. rocknroll237

rocknroll237 What's a Dremel?

If I were to get a new card it would be this or a GTX 670 Direct CU II (which is on Amazon for £307)... :D

12. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

You've made me immensely happy - I bought this Gigabyte card about 3 months ago for £315 :D

13. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Yep, rip off Britain strikes again. Although my dad has been getting some great treatment from the NHS recently so I shouldn't complain...

Love this card though, similar speeds to the HD 7970 yet with physx which I have kinda missed on my current card. I'm looking to upgrade early next year sometime and it should be a huge step up.

p.s. I wish you still included Arma2 in the tables, and also a noise/volume chart somewhere, or something.

14. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Surely the noise/volume chart you request is pointless as it is down to too many variables... Such as chosen case, how many case fans, sound proofing used if any, location of case in room, ambient temp of room etc... I wouldn't want Bit-Tech to waste hours taking readings that in the end would not reveal any scientific provable results anyway.

15. IT Troll

IT Troll What's a Dremel?

Nice to see a full and detailed review, but isn't about 6 months too late?

16. Timorous

Timorous What's a Dremel?

I still do not understand why you are not using the latest drivers. There is a huge bump in performance in BF3 and nice 5-10% increases in other games for the 12.11 driver. That is the same as the difference between a 670 and a 680. It also makes your conclusion skewed because this card does not offer the same performance as the 7970 ghz edition for less money.

17. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

I'll not buy this generation of either AMD or Nvidia cards - over-priced for what they are and no real reason to move from my GTX570 right now (I play at 1920*1080 and only have room for one display).

That as an aside - this is just the sort of non-oem model I would like, good price with cooler and quieter operation, the ram on this model looks a bit special too.

Roll on GTX 770 or 780

18. GeordieGoose

GeordieGoose What's a Dremel?

I got this exact card 2 weeks ago. I absolutely love it!

massive jump from my 460.

I mainly chose the gigabyte card due to my 460 overclocking like a dream and still keeping very cool.

19. raghu78

raghu78 What's a Dremel?

20. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

What? Most sites already do this, you use the same components and then record the volume with different graphics cards. Knowing how noisy a card is, is just as important to some people as the speed, and arguably, even more important than the temps.

Tags: Add Tags