1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Islamic extremists using games to recruit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 5 May 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

oh god - HYPOCRITES!
    **** off USA Gov please you bunch of @#$$&*^&

3. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

The prospect of mods coming under even more fire is alarming - without modding a lot of games and communities would die a very dismal death...

4. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

how is it any different from americans modding the game to fight iraqis? isnt that the main concept of one of the biggest mods for BF1984 - desert combat?

5. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

TBH i think this is probably right

The american government use games as a good source of propeganda - with the "terrorists" allways looking like bad guys and you only get 1 side of the story in a way

Personally i think they should balance out the games better anyway

6. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

*is American*

That being said, I would like to note this line:
    Where the frack is it stated that the US Goverment should become the police force of the World? :duh:

We have a monkey for a President, idiots for staff, we start fights we can barely finish, and that were none of our business. (Vietnam? Korea? Iraq II?) Yeah... Beautiful. And then we cry when someone targets us with verbal assault. Or such. Come on. Other countries have put up with terrorism for decades longer then the US. Meaning... we had it coming in general. We aren't gods, and we aren't immortal.

Mods will always be crafted to appeal to a target audience. Americans will make anti-terrorism games, Anti-American people will make pro-terrorist/anti-American games. Duh. Marketing 101.

Besides, the goverment is always getting they pants in a knot. They scream murder at GTA series, and some even bitched about V for Vendetta. (Pro-Terrorism my ass. If anyone WATCHED the movie, they'd realize it was just like 1984, A Brave New World, and Final Blackout)

The US goverment has no right to try and crush the modding community. Besides, if they crush that for terrorism, then what about BLACK, Counter-Strike, and almost every Tom Clancy game?

</rant>

*goes an plays a nice innocent game of pong* :grr:

Edit: PS - What's Canada like? I'm seriously thinking of moving there...

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Link? I mean, c'mon, who seriously argues this? Maybe a few idiot right wing gun nuts in the states, but that's got to be an ignoralbe minority. I'd be very curious if someone important is actually saying this.

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

wow!!!! this is crap, the USA will retaliate in some form, and it will be also crap.

9. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

hahahaha...
    It makes no sense why politicians are raising questions about this, considering the army/navy spends sooo much on military recruiting (like commercials, etc..). They dont want anyone to change sides on them (so to speak.)
    I however see one reason for all of this conflict. Money makes the world go round, and when people are entitled to a part of it, and they dont get it, basically they "hire" someone else to do the dirty work.
    America's Army was based on the prinicipal to get kids to join up and shoot real guns at a majorily defenseless population.
    It like fighting a one sided war, basically similar to what happened between Us and the British during the revolution. This is just another revolution, hopefully it will become a global revolution to change the world to what it should be. A whole world, as one!

10. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

i believe the world will only start to finally work together after the next world war (which im 95% certain will happen)

That assumes there will be anyone left after the next world war

11. Emoticon Fury

Emoticon Fury What's a Dremel?

*Also American*

I also agree.

Ask any American with half a brain if they support Bush and they will say no. The problem is that some people in this country vote based on religious reasons or to support their party instead of voting for the person who is actually best to run the country. Dont hold all of us accountable for this moron. Bush does not represent the majority of educated Americans. Some of us want him out as bad you some of you do.

*looks over shoulder not wanting to be put on some watch list by the *cough* US secret police *cough* I mean Homeland Security...

Last edited: 5 May 2006
  12. blade_10w40

blade_10w40 What's a Dremel?

Right I might be the only one on here thinking this but if you put aside all the american ******** are the mods any good?

Ben

13. Lo Pan

Lo Pan What's a Dremel?

Nice. Bush sucks, and I think Bush wants us to be the nannies of the universe. Seriously, he invades Iraq (A step to Iran IMO) then shakes his power at Iran and N. Korea. The guy is going "no no no, you can't do that" to just about everybody.
    Bush isn't a monkey, just a megalomaniac. He is trying his best to do things that look good. Despite the fact that when everyone finds out he's "padding his presidency" he'll be quoted as the worst.

14. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Total hypocrasy. You don't even need to look at modded games to see the hypocrasy either. What's counter strike if not a US vs. middle easter terorist game? A leisurely stroll around De Dust map will pretty much leave no one in any doubt what that game is about. Yet when the polar opposite appears in a modded game, the US are bitching about it?

I'm sorry, but that's totally out of order. You can't have a government that supports freedom of speech (so long as it's pro-western feedom of speech).

15. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Suicide bomber mod in BF2? Me not think so :D

Ice

16. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

So if the US army can use games to recruit fighters (America's Army, anyone?), why not the other side? And how is this different from playing the terrorist side in CS?

I think this is just the media playing the fear of technology and fear of terrorism cards together.

17. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Its stuff like this that make me wish someone would assemble a group of people and do a hit on the white house and their administration. Not really but if it did happen i wouldnt care, these politicians today are so hypocritical and deceiving its amazing.

18. Lonesarah

Lonesarah What's a Dremel?

Claim down baby, don't cry after split milk. I bet right now you screaming and ranting about how american unfair. I've never heard of anyone joining the american army over counterstrike. It's just a few people informing the us govermant about a terrorist tactis. Their just talking about it, in lone run their not going brother with it anymore because it's not a big deal.

Faulk_Wulf your absolutely right that the U.S shouldn't be the worldpolice. I mean the only time the international community got it's lazy ass to stop a major conflict was in first gulf war and Kosovo. The US troops represented 74% of 660,000 troops in the first gulf war and in the kosovo theater the U.SA. represented 80% of nato forces . The U.S wouldn't be the worldpolice if other nations start being more involved in the major conflicts around the world. It's part of america responsibility to get involve in global conflicts right or wrong. We have are one of the richest nation in the world and have one of the best armies too so should be proactive.

Your right bush is moron, but the people who don't like him are bigger morons. 65% percent of the nation doesn't like him but only half of them voted against him. While most of the people who like bush voted for him.

Other countries have put up with terrorism for decades longer then the US. Meaning.

How many nations in modern world got attack so badly on 9/11 and actually did something to stop it?.

They scream murder at GTA series, and some even bitched about V for Vendetta. (Pro-Terrorism my ass). I never heard of u.s governmant voicing their opinon about that. **** george bush didn't say anything when stephen colbert was insulting him for 20 minutes. While were on the same subject, why do liberals scream their heads off about amensity, iraq, and big oil. I don't know why so many people voice their angry infront of bush he doesn't give a respond. Because at the end of the day he's still the president and the only thing people like you will do is whine and talk like a bunch of bitches. For god sake he got relected even after the war in iraq started and created the patriot act.

Seriously if the republicans can impeach bill clinton because he lied under ovath. Bush lied about iraq, messed up katrina, stole the 2000 election. What does that say about you anti-bush supports, you can't even impeach him let alone censure him. that's sad.

So for all anti-bush supports please shut up, because you had chance to get ride of him but you didn't and you won't. Instead of exercise you god given right as americans citzens to vote most of you didn't. I bet your upset because your kerry don't win, i'm laughing at you :jawdrop:

Last edited: 6 May 2006
  19. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I didn't. He's dragged the UK army into two wars now, during his time in office the price of oil per barrel has near trippled, he's made my country considerably less secure, and inflamed the sorts of people that bombed the capitol of my country in the 7th of July last year.

The whole world should get a vote on presidents like bush, considering he's had a large effect on the vast majority of people on this planet.

20. Lonesarah

Lonesarah What's a Dremel?

I agree with you that the world should have more say in chocing us presidents, because the pussies in american don't give any real opposition to him. I have to thank the british for being true allies and helping us in those two wars even do you guys didn't want to get . We help you in world war one and world war two and you return the favor. You didn't act like a bunch of ungrateful french pussies basterds.

So lets get the us and british relationship right?

The british got the US involved in world war one, world war two and the american got involved in the war in afghanistan and iraq. Don't worry you get to pick the next war we fight in lol?.

Instead funny that the british tricked the united states into get involved with in world war one and we did the samething in iraq.

Tags: Add Tags