1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays 2 22" or 3 19" monitors?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by javaman, 19 Jan 2014.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Hey guys,

As the title says. I currently have a Dell 2209WA and a LG Flatron L203WT. I can get hold of 3 19" Dell monitors (not sure what model) and possibly 2 other Acer 19" monitors. None of the 19" monitors will cost me anything and I mainly use the PC for gaming and programming. Does anyone think it is worth it?

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

It would really depend on what they were. If they are some dreadful old 1024x768 with 4cm thick bezels then hell no... But if they are half decent, since it's free, I would take 3 matching displays and give setting up surround/eyefinity a shot.

3. javaman

The bezel is about 1cm thick on all of them. Maybe 1.5 on the acers.

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

If it's gaming, I'd opt for higher resolution monitors over 3 monitors, unless you want to try out eyefinity. I find having 2 24's is very comfortable for gaming and general multitasking. I normally have my chats / media player / internet streams on my 2nd monitor and my game on the main one. Personally, I don't have a need for a 3rd monitor.

5. javaman

Yea the 2 22" is nice and ideally I would like to go bigger. When gaming the 22" does feel small on it's own. Does anyone have experience on gaming on 3 19" vs a single large monitor?
    Programming I do tend to throw a lot of things round the monitors. Ive kindle, firefox, IDE, netflix usually in a separate window and sometime chat. I usually end up splitting everything over half the 22". While I would be loosing some monitor space I reckon I would be gaining overall having most things on their own monitor. Only thing I keep coming back to is does even multiple 19" feel cramped compared to a crowded 22"