1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V B&O Beolab 4 PC Speakers - anyone used them?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by S1W1, 5 Feb 2014.

1. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

Hey,

I made the mistake of impulse-buying some absurdly expensive B&O Beolab 4 PC speakers earlier today, when someone offered me a decent price (decent for B&O at least). The speakers haven't been delivered yet but I'm quite sure they won't be worth £600 - I'm tempted to seek a refund.

Has anyone here got any experience with these speakers. Are they any good?
    Appreciate the help.

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

they look good and sound OK

you can do much better for the price sound quality-wise, a lot of their price is based on their branding and aesthetics

3. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

Thanks, that was my impression - style over substance.

Any recommendation for that price range?

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

if you were in the US maybe, i don't know pricing in the UK

i'm sure someone will chime in though, good luck

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I'd try them out. B&O are a bit of a mixed bag; some speakers are a bit meh and some are excellent. They may be worth keeping.

Ferguson Hill does a set for that price, called the fh007; just as esoteric but good sound quality. The Eclipse TD307PAII is pretty decent.

However you can buy the Acoustic Energy Argo for less than £150,-- which has stunning sound quality for the price --no need to pay more.

The ultra-bargain option is to track down some Audica MPS 1 speakers on eBay. Some went recently for £22,--. Or, if you're really lucky you can find a pair of the ultra-rare, but highly valued and superb Canon SV-15a (it has to be the 15a version, not the plain 15; the former has the inbuilt amps).

S1W1 likes this.
  6. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

Thank you for the advice Nexxo - the B&O deal fell through, so I've order the FH007s instead - they look fantastic and cost £200 less.