1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Onedrive (autoback up)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Archtronics, 19 Mar 2014.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Hi

I'm thinking of getting myself a surface 2, As it comes with 200 gigs of extra storage.
    I was wondering if its possible to set it to autoback up my work files on my home pc so I don't have to manually upload each time I add a file etc?

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

just point your my documents to a folder within skydrive. This is what I do and it auto uploads everything without any worry

If you want full instructions on how to do this just say and I will knock some together

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

8.1 has the option to save documents to skydrive by default [only applies to the 'Documents' folder though iirc], likewise an option to save Pictures/Music/Videos to external storage [SD/External HDD] by default...

4. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Just move your libraries into onedrive and it will always then upload them.

I really like skydrive - especially since it has got ios photobackup now, so photos on my iphone or ipad automatically now make their way into my photo directory.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Essentialy that's what the 'save to x by defualt' settings so, they just move the default save locations for the relevant libraries [which are hidden away on 8.1]