1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis - An Ironman Walkthrough (img heavy)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 10 Dec 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

01. Contact (Complete)
    02. Recovery (Complete)
    03. Relic (Complete)
    04. Assault (Complete)
    05. Onslaught (Complete)
    06. Awakening (Complete)
    07. Core (Complete)
    08. Paradise Lost (Complete, writeup pending)
    09. Exodus (Complete, writeup pending)
    10. Ascension (Complete, writeup pending)
    11. Reckoning (Complete, writeup pending)

After skimming through Ben Abrahams Farcry2 "Permanent Death" Ironman run i was impressed. whilst i commend Ben for doing what he did in Farcry 2 I have to admit its hardly the best fps around, infact id go so far as to say its pretty **** but i gotta give the man respect for playing the game he loves in the way he does.

however his concept was an intriguing one, play the game in one life, if you die you delete the savegame files and start again, death is permanent and knowing this does it change your opinion of a game? do you do things different, do you take risks you know you could normally get away with?

Being an absolute Crysis nut whose skills have been acknowledged by Crytek themselves I was going to do it to the last great PC fps made, whilst Ben did his Farcry 2 run on a questionable normal difficulty I was going to do it on Delta, for those of you unfamiliar with Crysis, Delta is as hard as it gets, it forces cross-hairs off and opts for insisting you use normal iron sights, there is no grenade or enemy outline warning and you must manually target enemies with bi-nocs to tag them, to top it all off they all speak Korean, meaning unless you speak fluent Korean, you wont be able to understand their tactics when they hunt you.

[​IMG]

there are no mods running other then pydons natural mod and a set of custom CVarGROUPS files which push the game beyond "very high" detail levels (stupidly enough i forgot to load them before i took on Recovery, contact is so-so graphics detail, if there was a fully working release of the Advanced AI mod then id probably use that however having experimented with it before it caused game stopping bugs :/

once the level starts i will run it all the way through to the end. my only stop will be the end of level loading screen :)

1. CONTACT

Jester wakes me up on the plane before asking me if i was still with them, i was, even tho i was enjoying dozing with my feet up, Prophet starts briefing myself, Psycho, Jester and Aztec about the KPA taking over the Lingshan island and capturing an archaeological team who were doing research on the island and that we are to locate and evac them after losing contact with the team the week before, reaching the drop zone ,we suit up and boot up before taking the plunge mid flight my suit goes nuts and something hits me, i land in the water and discover my team are all over the island from a comedy mis-drop, first off i gotta reach Jester.

climbing out the water my suit reboots, i refit my scar with a reflex sight, tactical attachment and a silencer, i dump the pistol as i prefer to use my fists in melee combat, although I'm going to have to force myself to remember this is IronMan mode and that if i die, that's it. game over

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

making my way along the stream i reach a crevice where a guard is patrolling, with his back to me i strength jump up behind him and catch him unaware quickly pulling back down into the crevice i break his face off before stealing his weapon, pointing it at the ground i pull off the flashlight and stick a reflex sight on, this will be my "oh ****" weapon for when i need to be noisy and kill something quick.

two more guards are lurking, it feels weird taking them down knowing that if they catch me its game over, simple 1 shot scar to the head drops the one the curious investigator gets another well placed bullet, picking up the flare on the floor i race off into the trees to hear Aztec start whining over teh radio that hes stuck in a tree. the wuss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

found Jester in a rocky overpass, he meets me and we head towards Aztecs last known position, Aztec comes on the radio informing us that a 4 man KPA patrol is heading his way, suddenly we here gunfire and he starts screaming, Prophet tells us to get over there asap, i cba

we find a dead body, its KPA, Jester hears something and goes off to investigate, i lurk in tow and we discover Aztecs remains hanging in the tree as well as the bodies as 3 dead Koreans, Jester pays his respects as Prophet issues the vaporize command to Aztecs suit, as i watch him burn i feel the urge for a kfc zinger burger before being barked at again by Prophet, Jester is going to stay and clean up the scene whilst i move on, few people know that if you look at the floor under Aztecs chute you'll find his rifle + ammo which is always handy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

climbing up some rocks i see 2 KPA coming towards me, Prophet starts treating me like a nub and tells me to take them out quietly, i watch the one veer of and up the hill whilst the remainder makes a steady line towards me. there's an old rusty shopping trolley which i pick up and hurl at him, the other takes several noisy bullets in the chest before going down, cant find their weapons in the grass so i move on.

Prophet gets on the horn again, this time we're being jammed by a GPS jammer and a tac display is down, i ask him what kind of jam and after being told raspberry i mutter "lonestaaaaaar!" to myself, looks like i got another job to do. oh and its getting lighter :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Jan 2010
    boiled_elephant and October like this.
  2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

reaching the top of the ledge i switch to cloak and scan the area below, there's a boat with 2 KPA on board and 3 grunts on the beach, one to my right having a cigarette, one walking up from the beach to my left and another taking a piss off the pier, which makes me stop and think as to how i take a piss in this suit, never mind. i drop down the cliff face and approach the small house from behind the guy on the passage makes his way back and catches a round in the head, the pissing guy has taken a walk around the other side of the house where i cant see him, i strength jump on the roof and take him down.

arse

the guy taking a *** has spotted me and does a runner, he gets out his flare gun to call in reinforcements so i take him down with a dart as its easier to hit someone at range with it then struggle for a silenced head shot, i turn off the jammer and polish off the sleeping grunt before i follow the road to the SW, Prophet tells me about the landing zone being overrun and that there's a checkpoint blocking the Vally leading into it. i got a 2 man patrol coming my way, i better hide

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hiding in the bushes i wait for them to pass before sliding out behind them, i grab the one and toss him into the other knocking them both down, the one guy whacks his face off a rock killing him, the other struggles to get up, i pop a silenced round in the back of his head and slink off and up a hill where i can overlook the beach below, lots of KPA here, i tag all i can see and drop down on the passage below before max speed jumping off the passage and into a bush below, i wait for the suit to charge before deciding what to do about the beach. that bloody boat is still floating around and they may catch me from behind, i better do this quick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i hide behind the boat on the beach, one KPA is coming towards me so i switch to strength and bop his nose in, I've been spotted and one comes to investigate, i drop to cloak but with not enough power to strength him in the face i gotta shoot the guy, i miss and there's a world of ****. i take several bullets before taking him down but the gunfire has attracted attention.

that ****ing boat comes back and starts firing at me, i duck behind a rock just in time for the suit to charge and give me enough power to sprint out of there, i hide in a bush to let the suit slowly heal me, its bloody slow and every second feels like an eternity.

KPA approaching, i gotta move, NOW!

i scrabble up on a rock overlooking the 3 remaining KPA and take them down, the boat starts firing at me again so i retreat, i get into a better position and take out the gunner, don't care about the guy in the boat, still gotta get rid of that jeep

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i speed into the bushes before cloaking in the grass, hes spotted me and opens fire but he cant track me cloaked and moving through the bushes behind him, i cba to waste ammo on him so whilst hes distracted shooting at the bush i was hiding in i strength leap up on top of the jeep and punch his head in, before hopping in and stealing the jeep, revving a rally start i jam the handbrake on and 180 it before racing down the beach, Prophet tells me there's a patrol jeep incoming. fun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just around the corner there are 3 KPA dossing, i race at them and leap out, the jeep doesn't do what i want it to and instead of running all 3 of them over it twists and rolls over. they've obviously been alerted to my presence so i take then down quickly, the jeep oncoming decides to join in so i pop the fuel can on the back of the rolled jeep detonating them both

[​IMG]

seems i haven't escaped the boat, it beaches itself and the driver gets out, i take him out, i really gotta stop getting in fights like this. :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i climb atop the rocks next to me and bi noc the area, nothing to be concerned about but i see a boat house in the distance, i gotta get past it so i decide to take the scenic route and swim it. i tag the boat before taking the plunge to give myself a marker on the radar to swim towards. Prophet is on the horn again, he tells me to keep a low profile, i think i should listen to him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Dec 2009
  3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

You know, your Crysis Config is pretty damned pretty.

Still, the lack of a Barrett mod in this game makes me frown.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i climb up on the pier to discover 2 KPA, of which i shall call Ting and Tang. Ting is washing the wall of the boat house whilst Tang is walking away from us, i go to belt Ting but stop as Tang comes back towards us, he disappeared into the boat house when i catch a whiff of Ting, he smells, i grab Ting by the throat and head into the boat house, Tang has his back to us so i toss Ting at him, Ting and Tang both topple into the drink, BTW it seems neither of them can swim so they drown, but at least Ting got a wash. i poke my head out the doorway to make sure no one saw me being nice to Ting and Tang, i gotta reputation to uphold :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i head up the pier towards the small base, to my right i see several soldiers running towards me along the beach, it seems I've missed some of them. gotta think fast, i grab a barrel of flammable goodness off the pier and and toss it towards the large shack in the base, there's a jeep in there so I'll see what i can do about that later, i dive into a small shack as a flare races upwards, so much for keeping a low profile, i grab some grenades off the table and strength up onto the roof, a jeep pulls up and 2 KPA get out, a quick de cloak and a grenade toss later and it goes up, i dont have time to admire the carnage as Prophet warns me of more incoming KPA, this time its a boat about to beach behind me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

switching to strengh i toss a grenade at it, sure enough it beaches atop of the grenade and the explosion tosses all the occupants out into a watery grave, as they fall backwards i hear another explosion, this time behind me and a REALLY loud one, i turn and lol at the carnage, the grenade i tossed at the jeep blew the flaming carcas into the large hut exploding the flama-barrel i threw up from the pier and the jeep inside, i lol'd before focusing my attention on the guys left in the base, thankfully I've still got about 20% cloak left so i drop down and recharge before taking them all out one by one.

so much for Prophets warning. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hg likes this.
  5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

following the beach i get another comms from Prophet, the KPA have setup a command post on the northern peninsula and he wants me to access their systems to see what they have up their sleeves, its a little out my way but i can do it. just going to have to do it quietly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

approaching a landing moore i decided to not attack and instead sneak around them and into the bushes overlooking the dry dock, cant be dealing with these not when there's a boat at sea with its guns watching that area, crap, suit ran out of juice, i pop a round into a flammable barrel which starts it burning , the curious KPA come to investigate the noise to have the barrel detonate in their faces, 2 dead 2 to go, on alert they back off leaving me room to maneuver around them, they get too close to one another giving me the perfect opportunity to tear into them with the FY-71, the boat spots me and opens fire, take a few hits but nothing serious, it decides to circle and get me from another angle, i snipe the crew from the rocks on the shoreline, boat down, on we go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 man patrol in the bushes, i do exactly the same to them like the other 2 man patrol earlier on, toss one into the other and shoot them getting up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more beach, this time there is a 2 gun placements pointing out at sea, the problem here is there's a lack of cover to take them down + they are bunched up, taking one out would alert them all so i change my tactics and get off the beach and approach the road, just at the base of the junction which leads me to the KPA checkpoint, 2 guards walking down the road, if i take on the KPA on the beaches these will certainly hear me and come running. gotta deal with them first and quickly, silenced FY-71 does the trick and a bit of drilling later and I'm done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

treading the grass above and behind the beach crew makes picking them off easily, one of them runs off and starts waving to his comrades down the beach, was pleasantly surprised with the silenced head shot i got on him, now i gotta deal with his pals, sliding along the grass i take one of them out whilst 2 more dick around behind the rocks exchanging fire with me, i toss my remaining grenade and catch the one before blatting the other with an un silenced FY-71, however lots of noise means lots of attention.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

with the command post in sight my previous antics have attracted quite a bit of attention, i start taking them out as they run across the beach like idiots when I'm startled by one of the guards from the junction point coming in behind me, hes a red beret, squad leader, hes got a shotgun to hand, i slip in cloak and wait for him to pass before taking him out from behind, it should be worth noting that on a full 100% suit charge you can sit idle in cloak for 3 minutes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

approaching the command post I'm genuinely concerned, I've played this numerous times and I've never had a pack of KPA come at me across the beach from the command point, now I'm at a loss as to where they all are or their numbers, i wont lie to you i know this game pretty much inside and out but just when i think I'm walking something the game likes to be unpredictable like that, i guess its why i love crysis so much. :clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

getting into the command post was easier then i thought, probably because i took most of them out on the beach, inside the barrack is the terminal i need to access, got the info for Prophet and snagged some grenades, hmm only have 3, gonna need more, there's some around the board walk to the back of the barrack, there's lots of baddies there so its now a question of do i risk it, yes, jumping atop the rocks at the back i snipe one of them by the hut before leaping on the roof an systematically sniping at the guards posted around the walk, with it clear i snag a box of FY-71 ammo and 3 grenades, time to make the rendezvous but first i gotta get there, there's a village full of pain and a machine gun checkpoint awaiting me before i do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

normally i take this truck and while cloaked race it into the village slamming it into the parked jeep there hopefully getting a 3 car explosion, too noisy and too risky, I'm gonna have to go ninja here and stealth them all :(

[​IMG]

CRAP!

on my walk there it seems the game doesnt want me to do this quietly and has instead decided that the KPA in the junction houses will come to meet me, 4 KPA in total, 2 running at me whilst 2 stand atop the hill watching over them, if i take them out now then its gonna be a big fur ball, i duck in the bushes and wait for them to pass before racing up behind them hoping the cloak holds out, it does, the 3 of us reach some thick bushes where i make my move, i grab the one and toss him into the other before shooting 3 rounds into the one getting up, I'm a little worried about the 2 behind me.

[​IMG]

all clear, the 2 watching where unaware of my act and have moved onto the road leading up to the village, one is still watching me so i hid in a bush and use the gaps in the bush texture to pull of a snipe, hes down, now to deal with his friend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i head up to the road where i sniped the one guy and sure enough his pal is there, hes facing the other way so he gets shot in the back before i head into the village, sure enough its quiet, I've taken out nearly all the crew in there but I'm not taking it smoothly as the AI has caught me out several times now. jumping atop a roof i take out the jeep gunner before popping the fuel tank, the explosion kills the last remaining KPA there, a quick scavenge reveals more grenades, I've a full complement of 10 now. time for the checkpoint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Elton likes this.
  6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

trying to sneak through the front of the checkpoint is suicide so i take the rocks to the right, stopping to let the suit charge i can see the village where i disabled the jamming system, i love this game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fully charged i leap up top, there are 3 KPA here, 2 on lookout one on a gun emplacement, i dart the guard on the gun before working on the other 2, a quick grab and toss sorts those, the checkpoint is below me so being the nice person that i am I'm going to give them a present, grabbing the red barrel i strength toss it in the air before popping a round into it, 1 round will start it burning 2 will pop it completely, it bounces into the checkpoint below before going bang, don't know if it got anyone, I'll take a peek when i get down there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that barrell caused quite a stir, i open fire taking them out one by one, it looks like i didnt get anyone with that barrell, shame really, checkpoint clear its toem to go meet Prophet.

[​IMG]

ninja suit users should be able to get up this valley without using strength jump ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

found the research teams boat, whilst Jester comments on the boat it seems Psycho has found a map, Prophet seems to believe it might be where the research teams excavation is, Psycho is unsure and stars moaning like a typical Brit about the team being there, just as prophet shuts him up something smashes through the boat and grabs Jester.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OH HARRO!

[​IMG]

chasing after Jester reveals we're not the only ones to have found...it. they don't survive the encounter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

< End of Contact >

Note: Contact is a fairly easy level, had a few hairy moments where the game caught me off guard but then thats what makes Crysis so special, every time you play the machine can do something different making it play like one massive action movie :thumb:

i'll write up Recovery later on today,

7. steleet

steleet Did he death?

Cait wait to get home and play this again. Only 5 more days!

8. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

Wow! Pretty cool concept.
    It has reminded me that I want to play it through again.

Good Luck! :thumb:

9. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Very cool idea and nice work so far. Enjoyed reading. :)

10. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

This is looking to be a rather good little walk through mate, Keep it up!

Andy

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

RECOVERY

Recovery: 0.1
    we find jesters body in the rocks with prophet rather angry at having lost another one of his team, after vaporising his body i collect Jesters SCAR and head off with the team towards a communications shed prophet tells us to wait up but i know there's no one in the shed so i start nano-ninja'ing around the roofs of the surrounding buildings until prophet tells me to head towards the village to gather recon as to where the first hostage is being held, i grab some FY ammo (shortened from FY-71) and head out, i reach a jeep and decide to got for a drive, as soon as I'm off prophet tells me to be cautions and go it slow as there is the possibility of snipers ahead, if in doubt, go flat out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tip:
    always cloak when driving vehicles, if you need to escape at a moments notice you can do it under the cover of invisibility
    :D

Recovery: 0.2
    there's another jeep incoming, i make a kamikaze run for it and bail before it hits head on, the jeep i was in explodes but it doesn't do enough damage to take out the other jeep, great, i max strength jump into the rocks over looking the road as there is indeed a sniper up there, and he has something i want, i tranq dart him before running up and finishing him off, his sniper rifle has a tactical scope which gives me a medium zoom, i was hoping the game was going to give me a sniper scope as it does at times but no matter, this is better then nothing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 0.3
    after stripping the sniper of his toys i spot a patrol of 3 KPA coming at me, no sooner do i decide how to deal with them the 1 of the 2 from the jeep who are mighty pissed with me come charging up and runs past me, so now i have 5 KPA do deal with and about 30% suit battery to deal with them. i decide to wait it out until the patrol pass and the jeep KPA cool down.

actually I'm gonna go deal with the KPA from the jeep first as I'm currently behind him.

[​IMG]

Recovery: 0.4
    i sneak up and melee his head off before returning to the patrol, they have since moved on and I'm right behind them however i move too quickly and they hear me coming, one runs at and past me so i blatt him in the back, the others open fire on me so i slide down the rocks back onto the road, i spot the KPA jeep that didnt go bang, with the KPA above me i pop the tank on it from the bushes to give them something else to focus on whilst i run down the road and come up behind them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 0.5
    crap, this isn't going well, running around the corner to come up behind the KPA on the rocks above I charge head on into 2 KPA who spot me immediately, i dive in the bushes and open up with the FY, the KPA on the rocks will hear me but who cares, i gotta get rid of these 2 now before they open fire. with them down i head up the pass to catch the 3 on the rocks above, one of the trio comes down to meet me so i say hello with the FY, i deal with the remaining two whilst narrowly avoiding a grenade, I'm not dead yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 0.6
    oh ffs, 2 more have come up from the beach due to the commotion. i take them down before max speeding in the trees, i don't want to see what else the game is going to throw at me now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Recovery: 0.7
    I reach the main road leading to the comms satellite where i can get info on the hostages location, lots of unfriendly faces are waiting for me, i tag between 6 and 8 with the bi nocs, I'm not fighting this lot, I'm gonna wait until they pass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whilst waiting the gang have broken up and half of them are heading back up the pass, i like my odds on taking half of them, i wait for the remaining to pass me before i slide up behind them and toss the last guy into the rest knocking them down, i mop up quickly with a silenced FY before turning my attention to the ones up top. one of them seems to have spotted me, its not a problem as i quickly clean them out and head on up towards the comms sat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 0.8
    prophet tells me to infiltrate and get the info on the hostage, like i didn't hear him the first time. i scrabble up a path leading to some rocks overlooking the sat and tag all the the enemies that i see, however rather then take them out quietly I'm gonna make a mess of it and toss a grenade at the sat, hopefully this will take out most of the KPA surrounding it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 0.9
    with the sat in pieces i tag the rest of them as they run around looking for what caused the explosion, i hear a jeep coming to investigate, i wait for it to turn before shooting the fuel tank with the SCAR, now to clean up the sat area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 1.0
    accessing the terminal inside the shack tells me that the hostage is inside the an old school building, it looks like they are monitoring an incoming US fleet, clearly thier precence on the island is causing quite an international stir, meh I'll deal with that later, i grab a rocket launcher from outside the shack as well as some grenades before heading down the hill. towards the village.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

halfway down i come across a group of KPA, i sit in cloak and wait for them to pass but 4 of them stop directly in front of me leading to an excellent opportunity, taking out groups of KPA is easier when they are standing close to one another, you have an instant WTF moment when you de cloak whilst they reach for their weapons, it takes about a second for them to re equip and open fire which gives you a full second to take them down. the 2 behind me have heard the noise of the FY an have come to investigate...and to die.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Recovery: 1.1
    with them dead i need to get into the village, its fort Knox and quite tough to get into, i have discovered an easier way to get in but first i need to get something. so i head north to the road running around the cliffs.

[​IMG]

there it is, there's a KPA truck which I'll use to make a ramming entrance into the village, but first i need to clean out the checkpoint and retrieve the truck. there's very little in the way of cover on the road so I'll attack it from above :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 1.2
    Reaching the rocks above i cloak and drop onto the truck before tagging everything insight, i watch a KPA take a piss and assess the situation and the locations of each soldier, i need to take them down without the death being seen by another KPA, they don't care if they spot a dead body (which is a bit stupid but whatever) as long as they don't see someone getting shot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 1.3
    I drop off the side of the truck and take out the first 2 before jumping back on top and start sniping the rest, all is going smoothly until I'm spotted by the last remaining 2 KPA, i switch to the silenced FY and watch the one toss a grenade at me whilst I'm on the truck! **** **** **** **** SHT!T this is gonna end badly so i switch the speed and leap off before it goes bang with me on it. the grenade goes off but it doesn't destroy the truck, i take out the KPA before checking out the truck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 1.4
    bollocks, the grenade has damaged the truck and taken out the 2 rear wheels, I'll have to ditch that idea and find another way in. i stop to loot the area of frag/smoke grenades and some FY ammo before destroying the truck and heading back down the road to the village.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 1.5
    along the roadside i climb a small rock whilst cloaked and bi noc the shores by the village to the left of the entrance, 3 KPA and a machine gun nest, not the safest way to go, the front door is off limits now i don't have the truck, I'm gonna check the right side of the entrance to see if there's anything there, i can honestly say Ive never looked down there but I'm willing to investigate it now I'm playing IronMan rules.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 1.6
    the entrance to the village has 2 machine gun emplacements and is patrolled, just beyond it is a gas station, i could detonate the pumps blowing it all to high hell but that would piss off everyone, I'll save that for later in case i need to, i slip across the road cloaked and into the trees and come across the waterfall with a KPA taking a piss, whilst occupied i snipe him and slip on through the water under the fall and assess the situation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a mine field, barbwire fence and a machine gunner, nice. seems to be the safest way in so far. :(

[​IMG]

14. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I have no idea how the hell you can do this without dieing once. There are a few tricks and such that you can use, but surely you're f**ked for the last level? :p

TBH, the level where you resuce the Korean / American lady from the school (and briefly meet with Psycho, I always just swim around the base, climb up the rocks and attack it from the rear. Its much, much easier than approaching it from the front - with the minefield, machine guns etc. :)

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

never liked going through the northern beach, far too little cover + you got 2 machine gun nests to deal with. when im done with the next update you'll see just how snidey it is to sneak into the base.

As for acing the final level? dude I've done Core (zero-g) using only my fists. final boss wont be a problem....i think :worried:

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Recovery: 1.7
    i rummage around to get a good shot at the gunner carefully, I've no idea how far these mines reach outwards, with the gunner down i need to decide how to deal with this field and fence.

[​IMG]

look at the floor near my feet i don't see any mines placed so i think I'm OK from that, i could jump over the fence but id be spotted so i hid in the bushes and snip the posts holding the barbwire up, the fence comes apart and i can sneak in undetected :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 1.8
    ****! one of the mines ahead goes off and destroys the entire fence, luckily I'm out of range but i get caught in the blast, Ive been wounded, cloaking i run into the base and hide waiting for the suit to patch me up, man that made me **** myself, i better move quickly before anyone comes to investigate.

[​IMG]

Recovery: 1.9
    I'm in the village, i now need to make my way to the school, no one has been alerted to my presence yet even tho the mine went off, this is good as i still have the element of surprise, i make my way towards the back of the gas station when a guard hears my movements, I quickly grab and crack his head off the parked off roader next to me, still no alarm, all good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

Impressive work!
    How do you keep taking screenshots?

18. Sh0cKeR

Sh0cKeR a=2(s-ut)/t²

Awesome! playing Crysis like a MilSim makes it all the more engaging.Keep it up!

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I use FRAPS and bound the screenshot key to F1, in recovery i set fraps to take a screenshot every 2 seconds after i hit f1, there are some incredible action snaps on file as a result, which you shall see in the next update :)

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Recovery: 2.0
    i edge further inside ad head into the garage beside the gas station, inside i see they've all grouped up in the station, the mine explosion has has put them on moderate alert but not enough to make the whole base go batshit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i think i did the right thing saving those fuel pumps, i take the silencer off the FY and open fire, the explosion kills a few but 2 in the hut survive, i open fire on the ones in the garage where I'm standing before heading in the hut to and taking out the KPA inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovery: 2.1
    I turn back on myself and head out the back of the garage and to down the alley to the right of the station, there's a lone KPA there so i grab a barrel and toss it at him taking him out before leaping atop of the gas stations roof. the enemy is on high alert which means they'll be running around, great for tagging with bi nocs,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

letting the suit charge i look for more KPA to tag when i spy with my little sniping eye something beginning with "D" if you guessed dead Korean, YOU WIN! his death cry brings out those lurking behind the walls letting me tag them before deciding how to take out the rest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tagging is awesome, it allows me to GPS everything ive tagged, like now for instance, i can see one lone KPA has entered the garage im lying on top, dropping off i drop him with a clean shot to the face before having a game of fisticuffs with his pal in the alley.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THHHHWWWAAAAACK!

[​IMG]

Recovery: 2.2
    the alert level is still fairly high despite the alert meter on the left telling me otherwise, i leap over the wall of the alley and hide in some bushes for several Min's to let the ai cool off from a red outline status

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i should explain alert status each person i tag shows up on the radar and has a threat outline around them when looking through binocs, blue=fine, yellow=cautious and red=**** **** WHO THE **** IS SHOOTING AT US?!" now they have cooled off from red status they'll stop running around thus making my traversing the village much easier. Ive killed a lot of them so patrols will be thin.

[​IMG]