1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other [SOLVED] Chrome dropping site formatting & images

Discussion in 'Software' started by boiled_elephant, 2 Jun 2013.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Does this ever happen to anybody?

[​IMG]

Clearing the cache and restarting Chrome usually fixes it; a mere refresh doesn't. It's been happening to me on and off for a couple of years, no pattern as to which sites it affects.

Last edited: 2 Jun 2013
  2. qualalol

qualalol What's a Dremel?

Occasionally that happens to me too (using Chromium), but I don't bother restarting -- it'll just start working again randomly at some point, no idea why this happens.

3. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

Just had a look at the page you posted. Got the same layout problem. Using chroms developer tools it is saying that is was unable to get (status: failed, type: pending) a css (style sheet) and a javascript file. It then looks like it fails again because it can't reference something defined in the js file.
    If you type in those file's urls to your browser it works.

Thats as far as I got, maybe someone knows more about why it didnt get it.

4. boiled_elephant

Mystery solved! It's adblock. If the site is on their blacklist, all the content, except I guess the text, is blocked. (Noticed it because it works fine in IE, which doesn't support adblock.)

The root cause here is that snopes.org isn't a legit domain, it's just a placeholder filled with adverts, snopes.com being the real site. Where I've had it happen on legit sites (which it has done many times), I can only assume it's adblock bugging out.

So for posterity: try disabling Adblock if this happens.

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I was going to say it sounds like Adblock. I stopped using Adblock in favour of ABP, personally feels like it works much better - maybe it's my imagination!

If you want IE to support adblocking, at least to some extent, if you go to the tracking protection lists you can add Easylist and Fanboys list. They seem to block a fair chunk of stuff.

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Happens to me sometimes also... Im on IE But i use MyIE2 as my browser (IE wrapper)

Refreshing the page USUALLY DOES WORK for me........ Its the sites fault,CODING HAS GOTTON SO BAD sometimes the browsers dont read it right when it first loads!!

7. boiled_elephant

Update: so totally NOT solved.

[​IMG]

I don't know how to start trying to get to the bottom of this when there's no particular reproducable pattern to when it happens...

8. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Remove all plugins and see how it goes, though I've never seen Chrome throw up the website code.

9. Matticus

Matticus ...

Both issues seem unrelated (or related but different). First issue was to do with the stylesheet not loading for whatever reason. The second screenshot looks like some tags didn't end correctly or something is messing with the page by breaking out of the html tags.

As Loftie said, disable plugins and try again. Especially any which directly interface with the page, i.e. ad/image blockers, image loaders, things which insert code into the page like some twitter and skype plugins.

10. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

flush dns

11. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I hope by now you have gotton this corrected my friend!

Im not sure why the browser isnt reading things right..