1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding 5cm hdmi cable

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jamsand, 12 Nov 2012.

1. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Woukd anyone be able to find me or make me a 5 cm hdmi cable? it's a extender cable i need it's for a project i have on the go just now

2. Ra6

Ra6 What's a Dremel?

I think that because of its construction, a hdmi cable is impossible to cut and make it work again... and the shortest I could find is 1'5m long... lol...

Good luck!

3. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I found a 30cm one, but you might be able to just buy two adapters instead.

Plug them into each other, so it will be HDMI > Something> Something> HDMI. It would probably be about 7cm long then.

4. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Are you any good at soldering? Maybe make yourself a solid connector like a triple SLi bridge.

5. Tealc

Tealc What's a Dremel?

I have a HDMI Male-Male coupler that is just 4.5cm long. It doesn't end or anything but is near that 5cm length. Maybe look into something like that.

5cm itself will be tricky as the connectors themselves tend to be a couple of CM just by themselves.

I think I got it from Amazon or eBay or something similar, just a few quid.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

7. jay2

jay2 Indonesian Modder

I have 7cm long M to M cable, i got it from HDMI splitter, bought from Carefour last year, less than 2$ in huge discount sale...

8. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Could you perhaps show us what you're trying to do and we'll try to give you more ideas?

9. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Sure was out most of yesterday sorry I'll try get some photos soon but basically I'm putting a raspberry pi inside a mac mini, the mini is 6.5 x 6.5 inches i am going to try and use small extenders to get all the ports on the back of the mini still in planning stages obviously but for simplicity's sake i am putting the side with the memory card and power port to the back usb should be easy enough to get an extender of some sorts hdmi i thought would be the biggest problem.

I just estimaed the 5cm sidde so the 4.5cm idea might work but it needs to be flexible enough to bend round

the mini is 2.5inches tall

10. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

also RA6 you can get a crimp for them but it's really expensive lol