1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Phanteks Enthoo Pro Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 6 May 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. doyll

doyll Minimodder

Nice review overall. Thanks.

There is an included PWM signal controlled 3-pin fan hub for case fan control. ;)

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Can I just ask what the need is for a news article and a review of the same item is please? Not trying to offend anyone but it does seem a little pointless and bloats the website.

4. Combatus

Just added that to the review - thanks!

5. Combatus

Unfortunately the case had an NDA of 3pm this afternoon which is much earlier than everyone has been publishing news of Phanteks' announcement (Gareth's story went live at around 10 this morning). Had they been closer together we'd have merged them into one but with a six hour gap we didn't want to miss out on any traffic ;)

6. SchizoFrog

I understand that due to the NDA that you couldn't discuss the case's details but surely you could have mentioned that a review was imminent?

7. doyll

doyll Minimodder

You have PM :thumb:

8. NetSphere

NetSphere What's a Dremel?

Another premium grade rating? Mmm. Sounds like these guys must be doing something right.

I hope they decide to enter the mATX market soon. They seem to be doing very well at their given price points.

9. trintragular

trintragular What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the review.

10. Combatus

Unfortunately as both Gareth and myself are freelance and don't work in the same office and coming off the back of a bank holiday weekend, our paths didn't cross early enough for either of us to realise the other was working on Enthoo Pro-related content. We'll attempt to rectify this in future if there's a double whammy like this!

11. SchizoFrog

OK, again that is understandable. :D

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Can't disagree there. If I'd known there was going to be a review, I'd never have written the news story on the same subject.

13. glenster

glenster glenster

What's the decibel level compared to the NZXT Phantom 530? I need the case to be quiet for a DAW.

14. doyll

doyll Minimodder

"- The PWM hub makes it possible to control all the connected fans (also 3-pin fans) with PWM function through 1 PWM connector and create a better cable management."
    The PWM hub works very well. I use one in my Enthoo Primo as to many others. The F140SP fans are quiet, but I have not used the 200mm fan.

Using the PWM signal from CPU fan header allows case fans to idle when CPU cooler fans idles and speed up as cooling and airflow demand increases as system load increases. This mean it is very quiet unless system under heavy load.

I've been controlling case fans this way for a few years now by using PWM case fans. Now with Phanteks' PWM controlled 3-pin fan hub it can easily be done with 3-pin fans.

15. raven1977

raven1977 What's a Dremel?

Why does the window look blurry and distorted? can the reviewer confirms it's OK in the real, thanks.

16. Farsan

Farsan What's a Dremel?

Nice review and nice case. I think i will buy one.

17. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

The sub £100 case segment is getting "hot". Still interested in the NZXT H440, but the Corsair 450D and this seem to have better cooling with fewer compromises. This case has suddenly moved to the top of the list. Is it time for Fractal Design to release a new case yet?

18. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

This looks a belter for the money.

19. doyll

doyll Minimodder

I don't know of any cases as nicely designed and accessorized as Phanteks without spending a bunch more money.

20. doyll

doyll Minimodder