1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dell reveals concept systems

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 12 May 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That full-size case is absolutely gorgeous. Nice to see they're taking things seriously in the XPS labs and not just thinking they've been outsourced to Alienware. :)

3. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

We want vertical slits Dell, vertical slits :p

That is actually a somewhat impressive look IMO. While other people have bashed on it, I personally think the look is intriguing. As for the Laptops, they purchased alienware... why? :p

Last edited: 12 May 2006
  4. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

If you cant beat em, buy em :D

5. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

i really like the big red/silver case, glad to see dell is making some real innovative designs. i can see that groove running down the side being used in mods to come, heck, id love to try it myself

6. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Now if they'd just do away with their propriatary motherboards and power supplies...

7. fev

fev Industry Fallout

the red can also be blue, with a fading switch me job i've read somewhere

8. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

no matter what it wears..... its still a Dell.

and they bought alienware cause they were going downhill, their computers were becoming overpriced crap.... perfect for dells "enthusiest" line

9. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

sorry about posting again right away....

but the power suplies cant be switched out with any standard PSU, the only thing is most after market PSU's have an on off switch that most of their cases dont have a space cut out for. the tech shop where i work charges an extra $20 for the dremmel work that needs to be done to get the powersuply fit in. but it still works with any standard ATX. but they did indeed have one that would burn out your MoBo if you pluged in a standard PSU, but that was done away 2ith cause of the outrage over the con job they pulled.

10. TheColdLord

TheColdLord What's a Dremel?

Not bad, not bad. If I'd have the money, I'd certainly buy me one of those cases, not to mention that the laptot's paintjob is very nice. I only hope that they improve the performance even more. Looks are important but make it high performer(more then now), and then it will be trully awesome.

11. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I was referring to their PSUs being shite. My very short stint last summer of doing Dell Warrenty Repair (they still send me emails :lol:) the vast majority of problems were either PSUs, mobos, or hdds failing. If they'd go with a reputable supplier for the PSUs and mobos, then all would be good.

12. Dustin

Dustin What's a Dremel?

Absolutely STUNNING!Does anyone know the name of that desktop case?I would certainly buy one if they sell case only or make my own mod with such a "grill".And immagine the airflow,front fans...

i hope that is the back i am looking at

holy ****

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That Dell case is the nicest I've seen in a long time.

14. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

On the topic of Dell PSUs, PC Power and Cooling sells models explicitly for this purpse :D

15. customh

customh conflagration.

Sweet, are they water cooled, because if above the indent in the middle was water cooling stuff that'd be pretty sweet, although not feasible for the mobo's.

16. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I'm really not into the whole Dell thing at all, but that case is damn sexy :p

saying that though the designers have probably had no restrictions... theres always stacks of stunning concepts and designs going around in many areas from cars to computers but 90% gets watered down for the the public because most of them have no imagination or taste.

The laptop just looks cheap and nasty IMO.

Edit:\ Will, is it possible you could give us some higher res pics of the case please :thumb:

17. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'd also be curious to see whether they release that case for sale on its own or not. While it may not be to everyones case, I'm sure many would be intrested in purchasing it, without the rubbishy components inside.

18. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

19. customh

customh conflagration.

I'm definitly not interested in owning a dell either myself, they just look cool.

20. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

QFT
    As is evident, no manufacturer is ignoring the case anymore. The beige-box is long gone and most companies are offering decent quality cases with their systems and simply rebranding them (which is neither good nor bad). Dell's ability to use their massive market share and revenue to fund their own case design really does seem to have paid off. They've always had decent looking systems to be fair- nothing to write home about but something that will please the masses. Trying to replicate that mantra and yet create something more 'extreme' and exciting is a feat they certainly deserve credit for, as this case does indeed look gorgeous :D It also pushes the bar up a bit for modders who are intent on having a case which looks nicer and more impressive than their best mate's pre-built job, so it's good news all around in a way ;).

<A88>

Tags: Add Tags