1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Hardware 29 – We are not Server Admins

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 29 Nov 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

I'm a server admin. :)

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

I Cant download the MP3....'0' byte size file

4. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

We were having some FTP issues last night, it looks like the file's there but we'll give the server shake, bash the side of it and threaten it with violence. Just give us ten minutes or so and try again.

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I've cleared our CDN cache as it might have been incorrectly cached somewhere. Please try again in a few minutes.

6. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

The violence directed at the FTP worked..:))

Happily downloading now..

7. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Wewt! Back to business!

At the risk of over-stepping the line as a reader/listener, it wasn't that long ago that you guys said the podcasts may be suspended indefinitely. Are you in much of a position to let us know anything about the behind-the-scenes issues at this time?

8. Trefarm

Trefarm No matter what... It's all good

Word from Our Sponser... that was a joke right?

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Excellent, something decent to listen to on the way home from work tonight.

10. MaverickWill

Sadly, I don't think so.

I wouldn't have minded so much if Clive had done the pimping, but the generic female voice sounded a bit jarring. Also would have been nice to talk about a specific range of TT gear, as opposed to just "We are Thermaltake. Buy our stuff!". There's been some good reviews of the Overseer chassis, and the Frio works wonders for many people.

Needless to say, the advert's already been edited out on this end.

11. Sutura

Sutura What's a Dremel?

Hardware podcaaaast!!! Kaboom baby! :) In rear with the gear. It's about time :D Thank you. I want to be part of the podcast, PM to me if you have something that can be done online :)

12. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

you want us to blur the boundary between editorial and advertising? Nope, not happening.

13. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Adapt to survive, I don't see a problem with it. If having adverts ensures the podcasts keep getting made, fine by me.

BTW, for James:

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?q=usb+to+ps2

Never chuck a good keyboard, even a yellowing beige one! :)

Lizard likes this.
  14. MaverickWill

Oh, I'm not necessarily saying that. More something along the lines of "This podcast was brought to you by our sponsors Thermaltake, so if you happen to buy a Frio online, tell them we sent you so we get more monies! Yay!"

Heck, even if you or one of the other guys read out the announcement verbatim, it'd be easier on the ears. The continuity in voices might help it sound more appropriate? Just a thought.

15. John_T

John_T Minimodder

I can see what you're getting at, and doing it that way wouldn't infringe upon editorial impartiality (like the Shure microphones plug), but, I quite like the sound a woman's voice myself.

Just saying...

16. Trefarm

Trefarm No matter what... It's all good

Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with the adverts.

Bit-tech's popularity is largely based upon how deeply contributors and staff interact with the community, maybe the financial types should consider 'Podcasts' to an aspect of this and not seek to monetize it, but that's an argument for another day.

If your going to have adverts at least try telling the companies involved they can't just give a script to the first girl they see and record what she says in one take.

It was soo amateurish I honestly though you were having a laugh and kept waiting for the punchline.

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I have no problems with the advert, it was short and helps run the site.

18. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

The add is fine....its only at the start and finish. Takes nothing away from the podcast whilst making sure we stil get podcast and Bit-Tech on a weekly (chuckle) and daily basis.

Keep up the good work guys.

19. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I think we're not seeing more gpu's due to the increasing cost of manufacturing. Look how much trouble the current nodes have given especially in wasted wafers. Manufacturers need to recover some losses before trying to push boundries again. I also wouldn't be surprised if next gen consoles have take up some manufacturing space as well as AMD developing hardware for all the next gen. Both AMD and Nvidia are developing other products like tegra, Llano that not only take up space but other resources. Yes they probably have separate design teams but there's bound to be some overlap. I imagine the shareholders of AMD jumpy enough after bulldozer without the company trying to rush out another product just to meet an imaginary deadline.

20. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Tags: Add Tags