1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Stalked - Is it possible to remove photos from Google Images?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Wavefront, 9 Jan 2014.

1. Wavefront

Wavefront Minimodder

I have a friend who's being stalked and shes got a few photos on facebook which turn up in Google images shes deleted her face book account but the photos still turn up in Google images is there a way to get Google to remove them?

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

3. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Any stalker worth their salt would have already downloaded them all surely

4. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

How do you know shes being stalked?

5. seapanda

seapanda moobs r us

Plot twist: He's the stalker :naughty:

6. NIHILO

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

8. Wavefront

Wavefront Minimodder

Hi Flibblebot, Thanks for the link it worked like a charm 2 photos gone and hopefully the last one will go soon :)

Teelzebub likes this.
  9. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I hope the authorities are involved in some way here?

Stalking is a lot more serious than people think. It's a couple of pictures at first. One of my close friends had her house broken into by a guy who was stalking her and stole some of her ..unwashed.. underwear. He tried to rape her soon after. He got caught eventually, but even so. She didn't think anything of it and didn't report it until it was too late.

10. Nexxo

I'd hope so. The best way to deal with them is to come down on them like the righteously smiting hand of God. But the tricky bit is to prove that they are stalking.

Sobering statistic: two women a week get killed by their (ex-) partner/boyfriend. This is a misogynist society.

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

That's true. But at least if someone says something early, proven or not; people will still worry enough to pay attention to what's happening.

12. GeordieStew

GeordieStew Minimodder

I'm on public transport. There's a sign saying that 120000 women are stalked every year. Another sign says 85000 are raped. Not sure if figures are UK only. Seems quite high.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

13. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

It's not actually that difficult to prove at all if it is domestic related (ex-partner etc). If it's a complete stranger it becomes a tad more complicated.

Rightly or wrongly, the evidential threshold for anything deemed 'domesticated' is lower and therefore more likely to result in the suspect being charged and put before court. Once in court they will rely on the victim giving live evidence. If she/he gives good evidence that's enough to convict, unless he has good evidence to disprove what she is saying.

If it's a stalker it depends on how much of an audit trail he leaves. If he's phoning Police can trace back to where the call came from, if it's social media we have pretty good ways of finding out who made comments. Likewise for texting. If the victim is of 'good character' (little to no previous convictions) then the court would have a heard time disbelieving them and therefore are more likely to convict.

It is often the case that the courts are too scared to aquit someone for incidents of harassment and stalking, especially in light of some recent murders, which as Nexxo rightly says are often ex-partners. Almost every domestic violence incident is the victim's word against the suspect's. If they didn't take the victim's word for it then why bother investigating them in the first place? Of course this has undoubtedly resulted in convictions against innocent people at some point.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

14. NIHILO

and what percentage of the women who claimed they were raped were actually telling the truth? My best friend would be in jail right now if i didnt testify for him because a girl at a party claimed he raped her 2 hours we had left the party. And it didnt help her case that she had cried rape once before.

If you ask me the women who lie about rape are just as bad as men who rape. Whats the difference? Both ruin lives.

15. Nexxo

The majority of women know quite well what a serious allegation this is, and incidentally how unpleasant it is to go through the process of medical examination, investigation and litigation, and how slim the chances of conviction are.

So in the same vein I could ask: what percentage of women don't report the crime in the first place?

16. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I'd just like to point out that the majority of men know quite well what a serious crime rape is, doesn't stop a small minority partaking in it and ruining lives. Both are caused by the minority, but both are serious issues.

Not that I disagree with you Nexxo, the current system is failing rape victims. We just haven't had the corresponding changes to attitude to accompany the fact that most rape now is a much more subtle affair. It's very hard to accuse someone of rape when the public mindset is still very much geared towards the clubbed-on-the-head-and-dragged-round-the-back view of rape.

17. NIHILO

Yes, but what if they claim rape in the case of the drunk-one-night-stand-she-regrets/is-embarassed-about? all physical examination would show signs of intercourse, it would be her word against his(and we all know whos side they take in that case). with the right testimony and a half decent lawyer it could very well end in conviction

18. Williz

Williz Minimodder

I don't understand Stalkers... Like seriously? Where do they find the free time?

19. Nexxo

They have no life. Otherwise they wouldn't be stalkers.

20. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Priorities. Just the same way you might prioritise and make time for going to the gym or playing games.