1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Soooo I made a graphics demo (Cat included)

Discussion in 'General' started by Madness_3d, 17 Mar 2014.

1. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

So I've been working as a Demo Engineer over at Imagination Technologies and have recently finished this baby. Runs on consumer tablets and phones with Rogue GPU's in them :)

[​IMG]

Youtube Linky: Here

Big blog artice on how it was done. Blog

I umm'd and ahh'd about where to put this, and even whether I should post at all, but I'm really proud of it and wanted to share it with you guys. I think it's pretty awesome that tablets and phones have come this far in this little time, gives me lots of performance to play with :clap:

2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Love it nice one.

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I was considering applying for a summer internship last summer at Imgtec. :clap:

4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

You should be proud of it excellent piece of work :thumb:

5. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

That is very impressive. I'm working on a project to use SOM (ARM) inside a keyboard. Can't wait to see SOM using this GPU :D. ANy Linux support planned ?

6. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Cheers all :)

The SOM project sounds pretty cool, It's not something I've really looked at myself, as for Linux Support? I'm not sure if you mean for the cat or Rogue GPUs, but either way, I have Soft Kitty on iOS, Android, Linux and Windows (with GLES3.0 Emulation Libraries) :)

7. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Thanks, the project is progressing slowly. Tweeking the design and searching for the best possible layout for the motherboard. The SOM choice is conditioned by the Linux support of the GPU, so this is very hard to find a suitable one.

8. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Nice that mobile is finally getting stream out. I mainly work on pc/consoles so I was surprised that this wasn't in mobile yet. What BRDF did you use?

Saw the ray tracing tech presented at GDC this past week. Seems to be a step in the right direction, and I was surprised how many rays could be launched at 30hz @720p ( though I assume those numbers are coherent rays? which is the easier part :) ).

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Very nice! What engine are you using?