1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Feed The Bit-Tech, v2.0!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Anakha, 7 Apr 2014.

1. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Well, there were some major issues with the server, mostly stemming from Azure introducing the "Basic" tier. So the old FTBT server got wiped.

So, say hello to the NEW FTBT server! 4 cores and 7GB of RAM should make for a beautiful and smooth playing experience, and running DW20 1.6.4 v1.0.25 ensures the most bug-free experience possible.

It's still on the same address, bit-tech-mc.cloudapp.net, and it's still whitelisted, so if you want access drop me a message with your MC username.

Last edited: 21 Jun 2014
  2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

PM'd!

3. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

And added to the whitelist! Welcome! :)

4. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Much obliged! I gather any clients other than 1.6.4 connecting is a big no no?

5. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

This is modded minecraft - You'll need to get the modpack. Fortunately, there's a handy launcher that takes care of all that kind of thing for you. Just go to http://www.feed-the-beast.com and download the FTB launcher. Then choose the "DireWolf20 1.6.4" pack (I believe 1.0.20 is the recommended version, so you should be good there). The launcher will then handle downloading and running the complete pack.

Oh yes, and make sure once you've launched it once, to go into "Edit modpack" and enable one of the 3 (mini)map mods.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2014
  6. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Is josephjuju anyone here? If so, drop me a line and I can add you to the whitelist.

7. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I've come to the conclusion that FTB is the only mod pack worth playing anymore. I've been playing a bit of Tekkit and Voltz single player, and they are complicated and unwieldy to use.

For example, Tekkit has gone fully down the BuildCraft route, removing IndustrialCraft from the mod pack, which makes energy... interesting. I personally hate how BuildCraft does energy. Voltz in its current form is pretty good, with Universal Electricity being a huge improvement over most mods, but the latest beta (3.0.0) removes the core mod for UE, Mekanism! They took the mod pack and gutted it. Perhaps things will change before the next stable release, but it isn't looking good.

FTB on the other hand has the same good mods as the other packs, like Applied Energistics and MPS, but also has good mods that the other mod packs miss out. They just need to package OpenComputers and the mix will be complete.

/rant

Could I be added to the whitelist please? :D lprob1

8. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

You're in. And while I do enjoy most aspects of FTB, it seems that newer version of IC2 are getting grindy and boring as all hell. I have to say, since TE added their own power system, I've been doing almost everything with RF power these days. There seems to be nothing at all that I need IC2 for. Quantum armour? MPS Powersuit equals it at the very least. Diamond drill? How about Flux-infused pickaxes, or even better, Tinker's Construct hammer with a Flux modifier. Or the MPS power glove. Induction furnace? How about a bank of (cheap) redstone furnaces and a Factorization router to handle the insertion and extraction? Macerator? Pulverizer does the job, cheaper and easier. And it's much easier to make RF power than EU. AND redstone conduits auto-convert RF into MJ.

Just sayin'.

9. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Perhaps I am simply not used to the TE way of doing things, but I really liked IndustrialCraft when it was the core of Tekkit. It my opinion, Tekkit was IC2 with the other mods supplementing it. Since they removed that key aspect and replaced it with other things, it doesn't feel like Tekkit anymore.

My points on Voltz still stand though :D

10. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Well, the server has been updated to 1.0.21 without a hitch. So enjoy all the new (and fixed) goodies.

11. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Server's been updated to v1.0.22. And I notice that nobody has logged in yet. Any problems? Nobody actually interested?

12. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Now updated to v1.0.23. And I'm still the only person here...

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Is it a Minecraft server?

14. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

It's a modded Minecraft server, yes. Running the Minecraft 1.6.2 "DireWolf 20" pack from Feed The Beast.

15. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Thanks! I haven't played Minecraft yet hence the question. I might give it a go on this server sometime :)

16. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Well, when you would like to join, let me know your Minecraft name, so I can add you to the whitelist.

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The minecraft name is that the one you use to login to minecraft launcher or the one that you set as your profile name on the launcher?

18. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

The one you use to login.

19. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Don't let rob on; he'll crash your server with diamonds!

Yes, this did happen once. :blush:

20. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

With the resources it's got? Bring it on!