1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding The winner of Mod of the Year 2012

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Baz, 11 Jan 2013.

1. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

2. tribalman

tribalman What's a Dremel?

Just to let you know, on page 1, the link to Twister Mod 8.0.0.D directs to a different build.

To the contestants, very nice job work. They are all very impressive. Congratulations!

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

So does the link for ASUS Tuf...

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Congratulations to all

5. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Links checked and fixed. Thanks

6. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

Congratulations lads, some sweet looking builds and all well deserving of prizes

7. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

Only 16 votes? Can't believe there were that few!

8. SchizoFrog

First line of the article...

'It’s all over. Over 2,500 of you voted...'

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Congratulations to Pascal. Absolutely love the reservoirs!

I think thats meant to be the points awarded by the panel, not actual votes from the community.
    "We’ve selected a group of prominent modders to help bit-tech judge the top five projects by ranking them 1-5 in order of preference. A first place vote gets 5 points, while a 5th place vote gets 1 point. "

10. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Congratulations to all!
    Pascal, a well deserved 1st place!

11. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

Congrats to the Winners! Now I gotta find some money for my next project!

12. kier

kier -----------------

congrats to all, great choice/ well deserved

13. SchizoFrog

I'm starting to think there should be different categories as the winners of the last 2 years (2011 1st Place - L3p D3sk, Silent Workstation) have been full desk builds, including monitors. It seems hardly fare to compare these builds with that of just a PC case/housing, no matter how advanced or stunning said MOD is.

14. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

congrats to all! amazing from top to bottom!!! just to maybe try an honest chat, i will be devils advocate and ask all, with letting all know that i know jack about building proper mods and coming from a layman's perspective.:

my vote was for tenius since its super elegant and unique and actually blends well into what i will say is what maybe most would like in their entertainment area, like gadgets that you cant see but work and guests asking where the hell is the pc, projector or whatever u have hidden but in plain site. IMHO.

coming to the winner, although its great, its not the first table turned pc mod i have seen, and for me not unique so much anymore. do you agree or can someone let me know what is special about this winner that a true layman can not see or appreciate until schooled.

thx!

15. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Congratulations Everyone!

....10x "Mystery" Prizes for the Lucky Voters....Hmmmm :D

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Congratulations Pascal, Attila & Peter, nice podium & ultra nice projects. :clap:

A tie between Pascal & Attila :D makes sense. :rock:

I quite like the unofficial awards addition too.

Twister is an awesome case mod, really awesome & armorsuit is extremely unique & was done extremely fast, looks like some kinda futuristic tank with missile launcher. :D
    I'm going to guess the top 5 was taken from reader votes though, yes? & then judged, you know me, overactive mind. :lol:

I'm sure they'd love to do case mods & scratch builds separate but sponsors need to step on up to help on prizes unless & people might hate me for this but if bit-tech charged sponsored modders to post here, the money if it raises enough could go into a kitty for running a separate case mod category, seen another site that does this but don't know what they do with the money or would most be against that?, if it was all going to the effort of running a compo for case mods too, I'm guessing they would be against it but I do think it is a damn good idea & think it would really make modding spark interest especially for case modders but you'd have to run a poll for it which only modders vote on to be fair.

@Grifter, Paslis is the dude who inspired l3p :D wickedly awesome modder & his skills & imagination are sheer holy sheet hot, bet it looks & is the absolute dogs in reality. :D:rock:
    I agree Tenuis would fit in awesome anywhere, sweet internal design too as well as externals.

17. Asouter

Asouter --------

Well done pascal, a superb build. Hope you manage to actually get your prizes ( might be worth asking the sponsors rather than bit tech)

18. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

ok i hear you, but still dont see him being good has to give him first place. tenius and fit anywhere is a room, but pascals table pc is also ultra practical... but thats not why we vote for any mod right. coolness and never seen before is higher up in my grading.

so again if i can, whats special about this table pc design?

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Congrats to all of you guys well that was a surprise! Professionally oriented though I must say the winners for me (again I say professionally oriented, design, execution etc) is Acronym by Achron (a real piece of art) and Get a Life by the Gnu (innovative idea and perfect execution). If we approach this kind of contests in a more professional attitude as the level of the modding went ridiculously high the contest results will change dramatically. From the other hand I wish everyone could win something especially this year as ALL of the projects rocks. Again congrats to the winners, well deserved!! Enjoy and keep on modding lads!! :)

20. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I liked it because it obviously looks spectacular and the skill needed to make such a project is exceptional. Also the design is quite unique, even compared to previous desk projects we've seen. It's far from identical to L3p or anything like that. Just because it's a desk project doesn't mean it's not a fantastic project in it's own right and there are plenty of original features in it too, which is why it was nominated in the the first place. The thousands of voters spoke for themselves, though and ultimately voted for their favourite project according to their own preferences. That's what happens in public votes I'm afraid!