1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to the logitech G7?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mother-Goose, 10 May 2007.

1. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

What on earth is going on here?! The G7 seems to have fallen of the face of the planet! It's not listed on logitech's site anymore and nowhere is carrying it (well, you can find it on logitechs site via google only, and there is the odd place that still has it, none of the big boys though).

Has anyone heard why this lovely bit of kit has disappeared? Are they launching a refresh model like they have done with the G5? ( if so, why try and hide its existence at the moment then?!) Really baffled and a little annoyed, I wanted one!

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Why not get an MX Revalution?

Its basically the same, just newer!

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Yeah, it does seem to have disappeared. Strange.

Get a G5 instead, then you don't have to worry about recharging the thing.

4. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Agreed! I could never go back to another mouse with a normal scrollwheel again, tbh.

5. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

You've said yourself...

If you're that keen to get your hands on one, what difference does it make that you'd not be buying it from one or other of "the big boys" :confused:

6. Mother-Goose

Ah to be more exact, I wanted one of the funky limited edition ones (that were knocking around on ebay) not the silver and green/blue colour.

Does the MX revolution have hot swapable batteries and a bluetooth dongle included in this charger?! Nope, so it isn't just like it (I like the G5/G7 shape more as well). From what I can see it isn't 2000dpi with adjustable sensitivity either which is something I like.

The new G5 refresh seems to solve the only misgiving I had and that is that is has two shoulder buttons, so maybe I'll have to stay wired.

Last edited: 10 May 2007
  7. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

No, the MX Revolution doesn't have hot swappable batteries like the G series. :( I can use mine for two days constantly, then I'll just put it on its charger overnight and it'll last me another two days. :D

8. Mother-Goose

hmmmm I like hot swappableness, I don't want it dieing mid game. Might have to go G5 Refresh instead.

9. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I have it and it's great.

The recharge thing has been made into an enormous problem. I have never had an issue with the mouse going flat mid game, probably aided by the battery meter built into the mouse. It's not like you cant change the battery between levels/missions and in RTS how much hassle is it to press escape and do it.

On the fly dpi changes are great, you can really go wrong with it, but the VX revolution is a better All round mouse. The death adder is great for gaming.

The variety is so huge, and we are all so different.

10. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

I wouldn't want to game with a mouse with that shape, I'm sorry. The whole point of the G7 to me is combining the gaming prowess of the G5 without wires. The shape of the Revolution looks nice to hold and use, but doesn't look like an ideal gaming mouse.

11. Boxcarhobo

Boxcarhobo What's a Dremel?

i'd get razer anyday

12. Mother-Goose

There are two camps on the gaming mice, people who like the logitech shape and people who like the razer, I can't stand the un contoured razer shape (it doesn't work for me, I had a copper head but RMA'd it) the Logitech shape is perfect for me, and dragontail hit it right on the head, the G7 is ultimate wireless gaming mouse in my mind BUT not in the gay silver and blue/green colours (again, in my mind) however, if you have seen the G5 2007 Refresh you're gonna think "damn, nice rodent"

13. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I thought the same about Razer until I tried my mates death adder. Its got a lot more to offer than any of the other models.

At the end of the day do you game with your fingers (Razer) or are you all about palm (Logitech) :eyebrow:

14. Mother-Goose

palm :D big sweaty palm

15. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

because it's meant to be a pretty hardcore gaming mouse but it's wireless? Most people see that as a large drawback.
    I'd just get a G5, it truely is the awesome.

16. zx2assassin

zx2assassin What's a Dremel?

I didnt like the colors either, i got mine in carbon fiber which is much better then the blue/green, and i agree it is the perfect shape for me too oh yeah and not sure where your located but: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104203
    newegg has the cf one

17. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

To be honest I don't see wireless as a hinderance at all - I've used a G5 and my MX1000, and I prefer the MX1000, and didn't even really feel the "difference" when it comes to wired or wireless.

18. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

but you probably felt the diff between 2000 and 1600 dpi, unless you were using all 8 4.5 gram weights. (I use none, and removed the cartrige entirely :naughty: )

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Yeah, there was a difference, but nothing that couldn't be solved with a tweak of the windows settings. The other thing is that I don't use the multi-sensitivity rubbish, I have hands capable of many kinds of graduated movement, so I don't really need it. (And yes, I have tried it.)

20. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

the only times I use the multi sensitivity is sniping in games (or far zoomed aiming of any kind) and for photoshop