1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other No audio on some Dxtory recordings.

Discussion in 'Software' started by NIHILO, 15 Sep 2014.

1. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

Im experimenting with recording lately and have been using Dxtory with Lagarith codec. I managed to get some recordings done for Wolfenstein: The New Order on my friends account(on my computer) and it turned out fine. But when i try to do a recording of CS:GO on my account(same computer) i get video, but no audio. On one recording of CS:GO my music in the background was recorded but not the in game audio.

I pulled up the both files in Sony Vegas, Wolfenstein has a visible audio track where CS is a flat line. I thought that maybe it may of been cause by CS set to 5.1 surround, so i set it to 2 speaker and that did nothing.

All my profiles are set the same, I've triple-checked.

I also tried Shogun 2 Total War and Watch_Dogs. Shogun had no audio where Watch_Dogs did.

Im a bit of a newb with the above, so is there anything im missing? Or a solution?

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

What sound card have you got?

I have a Asus Xonar DX and when I install the drivers and software, if I don't change a setting in the Asus software I don't get audio on some videos but others I do.

If you have a Asus card open the software for it, and look at the bottom left of it where it has the preset options and one of them should be "GX", turn that off by clicking it and it should not be lit up anymore and then try to record, some footage again and see if you get audio.

If you don't have a Asus card then I am not sure what it could be sorry.

3. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

I actually do have the exact same card. ill give that a try.

Edit: Damien, youre a saint, its working now!

Last edited: 16 Sep 2014
  4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Glad it worked for you.

I had the issue with Fraps and Shadowplay and was looking around the net for ages trying to find out what was causing it, and then I came across a forum where someone mentioned the "GX" thing, and I tried it and it worked for me.