1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks ISP Username and Password

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lm_wfc, 18 Nov 2011.

1. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

PC wifi card wasnt working, so I bought a cable to connect to the router, I now need to enter my ISP username and password to connect.

I rent a room in a house with 5 other people, and the landlord may not want me knowing the ISP username and password.

Is there anyway I can find it out? I have a laptop connected to the wireless so may be able to find out?

Really want to play some BF3!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

You could try dumping the router's settings to the laptop, I know that some Belkin hubs tend to store everything in plaintext in any settings backups. I can't speak for others, however.

At last check; you require admin access to be able to download router settings, however.

Just ask the Landlord. Politeness can get you a long way, and explain the situation carefully. People are generally reasonable. Plus it could save you a great deal of effort if you spend ages hacking apart the router in order to get the ISP Username and Password when they could be happy to give it to you anyway.

3. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

I thought it might just be easy to get it on wireless properties or something, I'm not gonna **** about with the router.

I'll ask, it's just he already let me run a cable throught the hallway and stairs which the council don't like.

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Ok so your saying when plugged into the network direct via the wireless hub/router it asks for isp username and password.

What is the service provider?

5. Dizzee

Dizzee What's a Dremel?

ISP user/pass to connect to the router?

is strange... usually you just need a user/pass to connect to the router but that's not likely to be the same as the router to connect to the isp..

old talk talk routers used to use the telephone number as a user.. and a default password...see manufacturer

in many cases you can look for default router user/pass by just looking up the manual online.

BT have the wifi password on the router.

6. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

I assume its virgin as thats the TV. D-Link router.

It actually does ask jsut for username and password but in the blank ox on the window screen it has"username your ISP gave you" in greyed out text.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Seems odd as I'm with Virgin media and it has never asked for those details, should just plug and play.

it would be the landloards username and password.

8. Dizzee

Dizzee What's a Dremel?

try username: admin
    password: [blank]

9. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

I thought plug and play too :(

I go to network on control panel it something then connect to internet then only option is WiFi so I choose new that pc isn't set up to use.
    Then broadband
    Then the next screen asks for username a.d pw.

When I get home will try admin. Im sure its been left as the default by the landlord

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

if it's router access and it came from Virgin, usually virgin and password is the access if not then admin admin lol

11. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

On 192.168.0.1, not much help.

By the looks of it its the email address that came with the virgin account, unless I find any post the lanlord will have to dig it out, he manages about 10 houses so not sure if he'll have any idea

12. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

wtf, just plugged the cable in to my laptop and it works fine.

I have an asus p8h67m-pro, and windows 7 pro.

Should I uninstalll the wifi card in case thats still interfering?