1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows 10 Technical Preview gets Edgier

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 30 Jun 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

So it gets released in 4 weeks' time, and they're still adding new features at this late date?

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Not really, aside from the rebadge of Spartan [and accompanying app ID change] to Edge, and a few cosmetic changes, nothing major has changed [that I've noticed at least].

This build does give you the option to turn off insider builds, so I can see the final released version being very close to the current build.

My main gripe though is still how Onedrive works in 10, they've gone back to the 'all or nothing' way it worked in 7. The way it worked in 8.x was a massive improvement imo and I'm a bit miffed that it's gone backwards.

EDIT: That said I still think 10 will be released felling a little unfinished, but more 'finished' than 8 was on release...

Last edited: 30 Jun 2015
  4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Haven't you heard, Microsoft are going to be adding features to Windows 10 forever now, gone are the days of using the same OS without minor/major feature changes for 10+ years.

5. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Pretty sure they'll be bringing back placeholders for online files sometime later this year. Having them on Windows 8.1 was a bit of a hack from what I understand, and MS have been working to unify the sync engine for OneDrive consumer, OneDrive business, and placeholders.

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

And a second one today! 10159