1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Recovering quick-formatted HDD

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Yariko, 11 Nov 2014.

1. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Hey!

My brother failed on cloning a disk (was upgrading HDD to SSD) so does anyone know good and free recovery-tools that can recover quick-formated HDD (NTFS)?

Someone suggested to use dd on unix-based systems, but I would like to try some Windows-based software first, just for the ease of use, and so I don't need to take my unix server off the rack.

And does anyone know how well it is possible to recover a HDD, as it was just one NTFS partition with OS and all the software and files? Propably files are the most important to recover, but would be nice to know how much work it needs to get back running with the OS that is in it, or does it require re-installing the OS

I found some recovery programs via Google, but I would like to know if anyone used one succesfully?

Thanks!

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

In the past I used getdataback for that and similar scenarios and it worked perfectly. It's definitely not free though.

3. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

We use R-STUDIO Technician package at work for the odd recovery job that comes in. Very expensive but there are cheaper editions on the site.......

http://www.r-tt.com/

4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

2nd this!
    It's saved my bacon a fair few times

5. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I use this too - but make sure you are restoring to a different disk otherwise you will start overwriting info that has not yet been recovered.