1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Warhammer Online stomps onto the PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 17 Mar 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Wasn't it declared about 6 months ago that mythic is the developers?
    The only real trouble with this is that imo, it desperatley wanted to be Warhammer 40k Online :(

::EDIT:: I see, they revealed more details on the 16th even though the news that they had secured the rights was unveiled May 18th 2005 :p

3. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Isnt it true that it now no longer has any links with Gamesworkshop its self (After the other team droped it) so how did they manage to get the rights for all of this lol

4. [CCL] Loki

[CCL] Loki What's a Dremel?

Mythic were working on a far-future Sci-Fi MMORPG called Imperator, which got a lot of buzz going from the previews, and even won a couple of "most wanted" awards at the shows it was demoed at.

It was put on indefinite hold the day that Mythic acquired the Warhammer license from Games Workshop, despite the fact that they had a potential hit on their hands. The official jargon was "under internal review".

http://www.imperatoronline.com/pressrelease/

But, if you go and check out the site that's still there for Imperator, and especially some of the screenshots, it doesn't take a genius to work out what the canny boys at Mythic are getting ready to do, provided that the WHO MMORPG is something of a hit and makes money for GW.

http://www.imperatoronline.com/home.php

WH40K the MMO anyone?

http://www.imperatoronline.com/media/zoom/34.html

Just give it time. Sorry for going mildly off topic. I'm a WoW player, but I'll be taking part in the WHO testing, for certain.

5. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

wow, this was completely awol from my games radar, thanks for the heads up!
    :rock:

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Thanks Loki, I totally forgot about Imperator. It was one of the games that looked very promising to me, sad to see development was halted due to WHO though :(
    The main concern for WHO at the moment though is that it looks far too much like WoW in terms of the graphics (although Blizzard pratically ripped the original races for Warcraft and Starcraft from Warhammer/40k anyway)

Last edited: 17 Mar 2006
  7. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

cool, last i heard, this had been cancelled, good to see it's back on the cards :)

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I used to work for Games Workshop a few years ago at the head office here in Nottingham so I got to see a few bits and pieces of first renders and artwork and the likes for this game and I have to say that I am very pleased that graphics technology has come along since then hehehe.

Unfortunatly I never got to see any of the really meaty stuff that was going on, that place is soooo secretive.

9. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

maybe when they make a warhammer 40k version ;)

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I heard about this a while ago from some of my WoW friends, although all they had on the web site at that point was basically a press release.

I've been keeping my eye on this one and the released screenshots do look rather WoW-esque but then that is partially due to the fact the Warcraft is a slight rip off of Warhammer.

11. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Graphics look pretty good... hopefully I can beta test too :) Hope it's as good as WoW :D

Tags: Add Tags