1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Male and Female Fan Connectors in Bulk

Discussion in 'Modding' started by GaryP, 3 Aug 2014.

1. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Where can I but male and female 3 min fan connectors in bulk ?

Also the crimps for the females. I have looked on cpc but don't know the name of the plugs to find them.

Cheers

2. RooiDuiwel

RooiDuiwel What's a Dremel?

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Axon Modding has a website.

Sleeve Modding is generally cheaper

ModDIY has some hard to get hold of parts but isn't the cheapest

Shakmods has a few items and is good for some of the hard to get hold of PSU connectors at a reasonable price. His punch down SATA connectors are good quality and well priced.

Farnell's is good for the ATX Male and Female pins in bulk i.e. a few thousand at a time.

4. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

I was looking at maybe 40 or 50 of each. I saw stuff on ebay but including postage they work out about 50p each.

Thanks for the lionks Big Elf, the postage is bumping prices through the roof.

5. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

6. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

I'll bet if you contacted the sellers on Amazon and asked them to do a bulk deal for you one of them would agree to it.

All they'd have to do is create a BIN for you, or alternatively they could pre-agree to apply a bulk discount to your order after you'd placed it. Not sure what would happen if they changed their mind on the latter option though.

7. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I'm surprised, unit prices even with around £6 shipping from Sleeve Modding are substantially cheaper than elsewhere for the fan housings and pins. Admittedly I get a discount but even so they're pretty good prices.

Be careful with some of the cheap housings as they're painted cheap plastic rather than coloured nylon.