1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pumpkin + Knife = fun

Discussion in 'General' started by dynamis_dk, 29 Oct 2016.

1. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

So this year it was decided we would do a spot of pumpkin carving since my daughter hasn't done one previous years (she's 9) and as far as I can recall in 34 years of Halloweens I'd somehow never tried.

One trip to Tesco and a few pointy objects later here's what we ended up with :)

[​IMG]

Given I consider myself to have no artistic talents I actually rather enjoyed it. We have my effort on the right, daughters in the middle and partners to the left - think it was a good effort all around.

So who else had turned their hand to pumpkins ready for the halloween displays?

2. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

3. CyCoLeS

CyCoLeS If it ain't broke...give it to me

Me and my youngest did this one last year ....haven't decided on this year's one yet [​IMG]

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I usually do one every year, but I hardly ever think to photograph them.

This was from a couple of years ago - very basic but it looked great outside the front door at night:

[​IMG]

5. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Did this 6 years ago, but haven't carved anything since.
    [​IMG]

6. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

In my case it was 'Pumpkin + Knife = Broken Knife' - the blade just snapped in two, quite unexpectedly and I didn't think I was applying much pressure.

Mine was a last minute rush job. I'd given my girl a Super Mario 'Boo' teddy earlier in the day, so opted for King Boo on the pumpkin:

[​IMG]

A bit ropey, but considering how quickly it went from unstarted to out of the back door ready for the bin, I'm glad I didn't spend more time on it. Kids were only around for about 5 minutes before bed.