1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Should I be wearing my tin foil hat?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 30 Oct 2016.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yesterday I change the few clocks that needed it done because of the clocks going forward and this morning I remembered the new heating timer/thermostat which is positioned in the hall.
    When I went to change the time I saw that it was already correct. Now I know it communicates with the boiler wirelessly but what is communicating with it. Where did the instruction come from to roll the clock back? Is information being sent elsewhere other than the boiler.

I am not taking my tin foil hat off until I know that i am safe from wireless probing.:D

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Does your timer/thermostat know the date? If so, it probably has automatic change over built-in - it's always the last Sunday in March (GMT->BST) and the last Sunday in October (BST -> GMT), so it's easy to calculate, even for something as simple as as a timer.

Of course, it being Halloween tomorrow, you could just have a helpful ghost ;)

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thank you kind sir the Danfoss TP5000 Si does indeed know the date and does indeed change the time in autumn and spring as this from the PDF manual clearly states: "Your TP5000 Si incorporates a real time clock with calendar function that automatically changes time in both Spring and Autumn. The time and date is set in the factory for the UK time zone."

Which is a pity as I much prefer the friendly ghost idea but at least I can remove my tin foil hat until the next scare.

Thanks again.

4. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I would definitely keep your tinfoil hat on if you're putting the clocks forward this weekend ;)

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Well spotted, though I did have an idea of rebelling and then being 2 hours out of sync with the rest of the UK for 6 months.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I always wear my tinfoil hat. It's the only way to be sure.

7. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

You're obviously teed into the Double daylight saving plan that its being discussed yet again in the UK is particularly contentious in your part of the world...
    What's not to like about it being dark until lunch time??? :eeek: Nice light evenings though

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've only had to change the time on three things this time: my cooker, my watch and my alarm clock. Hell, even my wall clocks are radio controlled now.

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Great, not just me then.

Never heard of this, damn how can I be a rebel if others have the same idea.

I only had to do a clock (cheapo), watch and microwave everything else changed by themselves. Wish I could figure out how to move the cats clock backwards as she is still coming and doing that stare that only cats can do to make me get out of bed to take her for a walk but now it is at 05:45 instead of 06:45.