1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Headphone Drivers

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 24 Nov 2012.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Hi chaps (and chapesses)

I've recently "upgraded" vikkis sound system with a pre amp to allow MrsGoo and I to here our music collection over the sound of traffic on faster roads etc. the problem is, it's shown up the original drivers that came with the intercom kit. They're as tinny as hell. :sigh:

I wondered if it was the intercom or intercom / amp mix - but plugging in some bog standard ear pods for my iPhone shows it isn't - they sound much better.

Anyway - What I plan on doing is changing the driver units in the headsets I made to something a little better. And there's the snag - after a lot of googling, I don't seem to find anyone who just sell headphone drivers. Plenty of headphones, just not the parts.

So - I know that there's a lot of you out there that are deeply into their audio / speaker / headphone setup and design. Can any of you point me in the right direction to somewhere that has them? And maybe point out some decent choices that wouldn't break the bank? :thumb:

Ta muchly,

GOO

2. GreatOldOne

No one? Hmmm. I thought the bit hive mind was a shoe in for this...

3. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I don't think they are actually sold seperately. I would either contact a manufacturer directly and ask for "spare parts" for your headphones, or buy a cheap used pair of the bay. Even though the drivers are used they shouldn't be prone to failure.

4. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

What are you using at the moment? What are the requirements ie do they have to have a boom mic and specific type of connector?

5. GreatOldOne

They can have any connector - I can change it. And they just need to be the drive units, which will slip into the headsets I have now. The boom mic is already in place, and dose not need replacing.

http://greatoldone.squarespace.com/blog/2011/8/25/broadsword-calling-danny-boy.html

Picarro - I'm coming to that conclusion... I can get some cheap senheiser 'phones from Argos for £20 a pair and liberate the drivers from them...