1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Pump Power Qwerschin

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by josyd, 30 Mar 2012.

1. josyd

josyd mmm cheese...

im about to order my new rig and was curious, is a single MCP35x strong enough to push water through an XSPC Raystorm CPU block and a single GTX580 Classified ultra waterblock??

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yes.

3. josyd

josyd mmm cheese...

Thanks for the quick response:rock:.. on to spending the monies:clap::D:clap:

4. josyd

josyd mmm cheese...

one more question.. how to i check the flow rate once everything is installed??

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

You can buy a flowmeter and install it in the loop. I'm not 100% sure what the best way to display the results are. The T-Balancer BigNG can monitor flow from Windows, but I bet there are cheaper options available.

6. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Looking at the spec it has PWM signal so u can monitor the rpm of the motor from windows. That's useful because u could for example set Speedfan utility to shut down the PC very quickly if ever the pump stops working for whatever reason.

I guess the pump uses 4 pin molex for power and would have a 4 pin pwm header to plug into the motherboard for speed sense.

You will also get an idea of flow rate visually when u power up for the first time as u watch the bubbles moving through the loop. The pump head is 4.4 which is good and the LPH is also very good so no worries.

7. josyd

josyd mmm cheese...

awesome.. thanks for the fast responses.. everything ordered... now the waithing game...