1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by OrangeClockwerk, 3 Mar 2014.

1. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

[​IMG]

Hey there Bit-Tech friends! Well I have been busy lately! Finished up Grey Matter, started my Fractal Design build, and also started a 4x2CNC build. Then Cooler Master contacted me after seeing my Grey Matter HAF912 build and wanted to see what I could with a stacker, I accepted the offer and here we are with Cyprus 29! I want to thank all my sponsors on this build, I am truly grateful for their support and I hope to exceed their expectations.

[​IMG]

About this project:

Again I was looking into color schemes that are not often worked with, I wanted to do something unique and creative like Grey Matter, so I decided to use a ROG theme!:thumb: Haha just playing!:duh: I decided on a copper and white theme, and I am calling it Cyprus 29. I came up with the name because the first copper mines in the world were located on the island of Cyprus and 29 is the atomic number on the periodic table for copper. I was planning on using copper metals but the copper paint I came across has a nice look and I prefer to have all the copper colors match. So that is what I will be using for the copper colors. I hope you all enjoy the build as much as I enjoy sharing it!

Here will be the compiled list of components:

<> PC Components:
    [x] Case : Cooler Master HAF 935
    [x] PSU : Cooler Master V750w Semi-modular Gold Plus
    [x] CPU: Intel
    [x] MoBo: Asus z97 Sabertooth
    [x] RAM:
    [x] GPU: 2x Evga 780 GTX
    [x] SSD: 2x Corsair Force LX 256Gb - Raid 0
    [x] Optical:

<> Water Cooling System:
    [x] 2x Handmade acrylic waterfall reservoirs
    [x] Primochill 1/2"OD PETG Tubing
    [x] 15x Primochill Nickel Plated Bulkhead
    [x] 50x Primochill Revolver Fittings - Straight Knurl
    [x] Primochill Intensifier Sicle Colors
    [x] Swiftech Apogee XL - Clear - CPU Block
    [x] 2x Swiftech Komodo-NV GPU Block
    [x] Swiftech 240mm Radiator
    [x] Swiftech 360mm Radiator
    [x] Swiftech PWM MCP35x2 Pump - With Heatsink

<> Mod Parts:
    [x] 1/8" white acrylic sheet
    [x] 1/8" clear acrylic sheet
    [x] 3/8" aluminum clockwerk case cubes
    [x] 3mm white LED
    [x] Mod/Smart white MaxCord paracord
    [x] 2x Mod/Smart 20 light LED board

Parts bought from MNPCtech.com

M3 PC Radiator screws.
    [​IMG]

PC Modders Mesh Sheets.
    [​IMG]

Rubber U-channel panel edge and window trim.
    [​IMG]

Alright. With all that taken care of, lets take a look at this beast of a case. First thing I did was get it out of the box and tear some of it down to start planning the component orientation. Thanks again to Cooler Master North America for the case! :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In case you missed them on he Black Frost Fractal build, here are the beast mode case feet from Casefeet.com. I am going to make copper rings for them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One gripe I found about the case is these glued in filters, they are a pain when it comes to modding. So I proceeded to razor them all out.

[​IMG]

For the component orientation I decided on, I will be using the small case on the bottom as a pedestal. and I also flipped the case so the back door is now the front window so I can flip the motherboard 270°.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I did a little prep work and painted the mesh. I painted it a bright white and the plastic panels will be painted with polished copper. Ill have some of that next update. First I scuffed the mesh then washed it off. Let it dry then tack cloth it. Then I sprayed paint adhesive then the paint follow by clear coat. I am using acrylic lacquer paint now as opposed to acrylic enamel in the past.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well that is what I have for now. I should have an update at least once a week, I try for every Monday. I hope you enjoyed it and are excited as I am!:rock: Talk to you all very soon!

Last edited: 14 Oct 2016
  2. DarkSable

DarkSable What's a Dremel?

Ridiculously big looking case to me after having specialized in small form factor for so long, but I'm liking the white on black theme you've got going there - always a good choice for something sleek.

What are you going to end up doing with those 5.25" panels? They're kind of odd. Are you going to try to incorporate them into your mod the way they are, or "fix" them? ;P

3. OrangeClockwerk

Yeah this case is a monster, I think it might be bigger than the 900D or close at least, I haven't seen a 900D in a few months so I cant really remember.

The whole build will be painted white basically and I am going to be accenting panels and whatever I can with a glossy brushed copper. Some panels will be made completely of copper with white acrylic trim. So all the black will be gone eventually. My other side project is a white and black build.

The 5.25's are a toss up. They are a pain in the ass, along with the rest of the bezel because the nylon filter material was actually cast into the plastic mold and I have to razor cut it out of all the holes. Its really annoying and doesn't look that good. I think I will just be cutting the centers out and either putting my own panel in there or leaving it cut out. Im working on them now so next update will show them.

4. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

I nearly chocked on my tea, please don't do that again....

:D

Good luck!

5. OrangeClockwerk

Haha my bad bro:lol:

6. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

After watching OC's past builds, predicting stellar results! :clap:

7. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks Bill! Working on my update now, should be up this by this afternoon!:clap:

8. OrangeClockwerk

Update 2 : March 10th : Paint and Panels!

Hey everyone! I got busy on this build over the last week. I really have to say I am excited to see this build come to be. The copper and white color scheme is really growing to be my favorite scheme yet!

Well lets get into it! Some copper film and paracord came in the mail through the week. I also picked up some painting supplies to start.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I disassembled the entire case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once it was apart I did some work to both bottom panels. I removed most of the top case bottom panel and I added the massive case feet to the bottom case bottom panel. I am going to file down the top case bottom panel when my U-channel arrives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After razor cutting out 75% of the dust filters that are cast into the bezel, I decided to cut the honeycomb plastic fronts out. They are barely visible through the mesh anyway. I will be painting the bezel with this metallic copper paint I just ordered, as long as it matches the copper correctly. All the plastics in the build will get the copper paint and should be prepped and ready when it arrives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most work went into the bottom case, or pedestal if you will. First, I had to remove some material from the front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I removed the back panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that I was able to paint and do a little assembly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made a new rear panel out of white acrylic. I made new rear panels because of the way my components will be installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I made a made a new floor out of acrylic and wrapped it in the copper film. I got excited when I saw the copper on the white! Its exactly as awesome at I thought it would be!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last thing I was working on was my logo plate for the back door of the bottom case. I'm cutting "Cyprus 29" out of white acrylic and attaching it to a polished copper panel backdrop.
    I cut the copper with the Bosch Colt, that boy is a champ!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once it was cut I started scuffing the oxidation off. Even the brushed copper look is really nice. I will get it polished and finished for next update. I set it where its going to be mounted for a photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well thats all I got for now. Thanks for watching!

9. DarkSable

DarkSable What's a Dremel?

Ooh, that's purdy. You're right, the copper and white is a gorgeous combo. Never would have thought to pair it together - I'm glad that you did!

10. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks bro, I heard that from a few other people too, I am glad I went with this color scheme, it is going to be fun!

11. mnpctech

Looking tasty already.... :thumb:

12. OrangeClockwerk

Thank you buddy!!:clap:

13. OrangeClockwerk

Update 2 : March 24th : Build it up and tear it down =D

Hey there everyone! I wanted to share what I have done over the last couple weeks. I have 5 times the number of forums to update this time around so I am trying to stay on a 2 week update schedule unlike last build I tried to update every week.

If you would like to see some live updates check out my Facebook modding page Clockwerk Case Mods:thumb:. I regularly post photos and share my work as I am doing it. Then head back to the forums for a bi-weekly update. I also share the work of friends and other modders I have met along the way in my time modding! :clap: Basically I just wanted to let you know where I can be found in between updates, now Ill get to my work.

A few Items arrived from MNPCtech.com! Some Modders mesh, U-channel, rad screws, and a monkey modding decal!

[​IMG]

I also found some metallic copper paint that matched almost exactly to brushed copper. I would of liked to stay with the reflective polished look but I also liked the brushed look very much as well. I am just happy I found a match!

[​IMG]

One of the first things I worked on was building an extension area between the 2 cases to route tubing from bulkheads and route wires. For the way I want to run all my tubing it is definitely needed. The sad thing is i changed my mind on the way I will build it after a lot of work put into building up a frame out of MicroRax. I ran out of parts for the MicroRax and had to make my own. It was a huge pain and I decided to eventually fall back onto the aluminum cubes for an easier cleaner look.

[​IMG]

I had to make cut outs to avoid screws.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That wasn't bad, the annoying thing was making the slide in threaded inserts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The good thing was, by doing all this work, I got a good look at what I will be working with when I build it back up in the next week and create the interior panel layouts. I have a few cool ideas right now for the panels to close in the extension area too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After building up the case I broke it back down to do a little painting and redesign.

I had a MNPCtech billet fan grill I have been wanting to use so I painted it according to the theme and got it mounted. Its use will be to mount a fan the pulls air into the PSU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It the end I think it looks like it really belongs on this panel lol.

[​IMG]

I put the panel back on and got a shot showing how it mounts and its purpose..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hit the copper paint on the front bezel, it really shows the contrast of the theme well, just like the billet fan grill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was at the store and grabbed 10 feet of copper tubing to play around with. I threw some Primochill ghost fittings on a piece to get a look at my tubing set up. Ill be using white revolvers in the actually loop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are a few shots of how the rear panel is attached.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lastly I mounted all the cubes to the bottom panel of the top case. You will see the significance next update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well thats all I have for now. I hope you are enjoying the build so far. Again like I said come check out my page if you wanna check on the build and other modding related stuff in between updates.Clockwerk Case Mods. Take care gents see you soon!

Last edited: 24 Mar 2014
  14. mnpctech

Lookin awesome! that mid section was great idea. .....and love the Rustoleum Metalizer paint, such a great match to the real deal

15. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks Bill! Glad you are diggin it! I cant wait to make my radiator grills with the mesh, they are gonna be slick! =D

16. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Well you know i love this build and well copper wins for me

17. OrangeClockwerk

Right on Monty! Thanks bud! :clap:

18. mnpctech

No doubt! can't wait to see them Jim :rock:

19. OrangeClockwerk

Hell yeah. I am hoping to make use of some of it for the update I got coming on Monday.

20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Really nice work. Love the white-copper combination.