1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Computer keeps restarting

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Smellyhead, 17 Sep 2011.

1. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Hey all,

My computer keeps restarting itself, it was working fine last night with no issues, I came to it today turn it on, and now, it just keeps restarting.

After restarting it asks me if I want to load Windows Repair (it recommends this) or load Windows normally.

If I choose Windows Repair, it does nothing and says it cannot repair this computer automatically.
    It comes up with this message;
    [​IMG]

If I choose to send the information, it then gives me options for System Restore, Complete System Restore and to try reload the Mesh Repair, neither of these options do anything when I click them though.

If I choose don't send, I can just restart it and try again.

If I choose "view porblem details" it displays the below;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've no idea what any of the above means though, so I was hoping maybe someone on here would be able to help me out with what to do.

Only thing I can think to do is put my Windows disk in and wipe the HD, and start again, but I'm hoping there's another way?

System info that I know is;
    Windows 7 Home 64bit
    Intel Core i5 760 @2.8Ghz
    4GB RAM

Hopefully someone can help, thanks in advance.

2. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Don't suppose you've got a Sandforce based OS drive?

I've had similar issues in the last few days.

TSB

3. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I've got a Samsung HDD but I couldn't tell you anymore than that about it.

4. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Ah okay, not what I was thinking then, sorry.

I'm sure a format and the latest firmware would solve my problem, but I can't do that whilst in the middle of a Neptunes pride game!

TSB

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

So let me understand. You are able to go in Windows, use the computer and then it reboots, right? If so, then in Windows disable auto restart on BSOD.
    Here is how: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm

Also monitor your temperatures for everything: CPU, graphic card (and all its component that has a sensor), memory, chipset, and HDD. Make sure everything is bellow 70C when your not playing a game.

If you cannot boot to Windows:
    Did you touch the BIOS the last time you used it?
    Try Safe Mode. Does that work?
    Did your computer showed any sign of slowness or heavy HDD activity last night? I am thinking that the HDD failed, and a re-install is needed.