1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD updates, expands Never Settle game bundles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 4 Feb 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Xir

Xir Modder

You're probably the only country they were sold into...one, for testing :D

3. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Christ, it'll be "Buy One, Get One Free!" soon. Surely these must be selling. However, the second hand market is flooded with AMD's. Can't get an Nvidia card secondhand for love nor money!

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Think thats the problem Snips they are not selling. Otherwise these bundles would not exist.

5. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

You're right but the way some go on about them, you would expect them to be flying out.

6. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

People are waiting for the GTX780 and AMD next gen, or next gen consoles. Given that a 480 and above is still very capable, I don't blame them.

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Do people really decide on what card to buy based on what games are bundled with it, Wouldn't AMD do better investing the money spent on promotions on there R&D ?

8. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

I can only assume all these deals means AMD's next gen of cards have been delayed yet again..

9. Xir

Xir Modder

Never ceases to amaze professional marketing....price is what counts these days.
    Want to add 100pounds worth of software? try reducing your price by half that and see what happens.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

Small reminder costs them basically nothing to add these games to bundles as they already helped develop them. Cutting prices would reduce there profit which is bad for them.

11. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Sounds like the Rumours that AMD are delaying the next Series release until they have emptied the product channel of existing stock, seem to be true. If they want this product sold asap, then it makes sense to start throwing in incentives.

Great deal if you already want a Radeon and/or were planning on getting Crysis or Bioshock.

12. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I wouldn't say it costs them nothing, other wise why not bundle games with there cards all the time ? maybe it costs them very little but it still costs them something.

13. towelie

towelie How do I Internet!!

Alot of friends have made the jump to AMD, can't blame them for the price and free games to bundle on top.Well played AMD

14. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

DAmn only just bought a 7950. Would have waited a bit longer had I known this. Already had the never settle bundle games.

15. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

what the hell nvidia! do something, amd already got the new xbox and ps4 in their pocket.

16. south side sammy

south side sammy What's a Dremel?

the problem isn't just with AMD, it's with the consumer. Nobody has money to spend on anything. All businesses are hurting. ( except the local gas station..... where consumers spend the income they would have spent on non essentials. )