1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No internet for Xbox One? Get an Xbox 360 then, says Microsoft.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 12 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. suragh

suragh Derp

Someone really needs to show this guy the pre order figures for both consoles.

3. Scroome

Scroome Modder

So, Sony has returned to a more humble approach and Microsoft has turned in to Sony circa 2005?

Idiots....

3lusive likes this.
  4. amdavies

amdavies What's a Dremel?

Well, at least it's good to know that the 360 will play all of the One's games, that's what he implied, right ?

5. CrazyMods

CrazyMods What's a Dremel?

I found the comment he made regarding the Submariner both offensive and dismissive. Serving your country..f you get an xbox360..when he should have said get a PS4.

Microsoft need a new spokesperson before this idiot puts them in Chapter 11.

6. Ripitup121

Ripitup121 MMMMMMm watercooling....

Oh man, someone should slap that fool, he's not exactly going to make friends and help to get people to buy the new console at all if they keep dismissing there already somewhat disgruntled fanbase because of the issue.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ahaha, what a genius.

I hope he carries on with that attitude.

8. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

wah wah wah wahhhhhh lmao

9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

What else do people expect from someone who had several leadership positions at EA.

3lusive likes this.
  10. AlienwareAndy

11. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

He's absolutely right, I don't see the problem. I have a cable 120mb always on connection, I buy and play games though Steam regularly every day. How is XboxOne any different?

12. AlienwareAndy

Steam can be used offline...

13. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

@Snips, good question Snip. Your Steam game prices are adapted to that fact... You pick steam games as they are cheaper (unless you buy them day 1.. but that is your fault) than retail stores, because you can't trade/sale them. Also, Steam allows you to play your games offline. It has an offline mode.

XBox One games are 60-70$ U.S/Canadian excluding taxes. So it's very steep. As Sony said in an interview, that they say that gamers will buy more games with the used hand market, as it will allow them to sale their games that they don't want to keep, to get more funds to buy the new game. Bringing new money to publishers. Blocking used hand market, means that gamers will have less funds to buy games.
    And this is absolutely true. That is why the used hand game market is big.

14. AlienwareAndy

In certain countries I'm pretty sure you can sell your Steam account legally.

I'm sure a German friend of mine did so recently..

BTW going back to the internet thing? As of now I reside in a 5 bedroom farm house built in 1910 in Dorset (about four miles out of Sandbanks). The only internet we can get here is 3m max, with constant drop outs.

Last year a tree fell 3/4 of a mile away breaking our phoneline in half and it took BT nearly two weeks to reconnect it.

Our internet is slow, and subject to constant drop outs. Due to this I didn't even bother with Command and Conquer, there would have been no point.

There are no other options available to us. No cable, no LLU. It's pretty much the same for any one who lives in the town that we do (Corfe Mullen).

Not every one lives in the City and can get access to 120m optical broadband.

15. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

@GoodBytes, Maybe they should have thought about dropping the price of the games as it does seem rather expensive if the game has no resale value

16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I laughed a lot at Sony's "How to share a PS4 game" video because it was ironically funny, now I'm laughing at this guy because he's an idiot...

17. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Sony really must be laughing their asses off at this sort of "solution" from Microsoft.

Hopefully there are a number of high level meetings going on at Microsoft to work out how they can dig themselves out of the massive hole they have dug with the Xbone.

18. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I like this guy. This is exactly the kind of forward thinking, straight talking and honest marketing that we as the consumer have been longing for all these years.

Microsoft's shareholders on the other hand...

19. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

It's my fault for buying a game on day one? Wow some people.

Yes, we all switch our Steam accounts to offline mode to play our games don't we?

The used market is big? That's why pretty much all the retailers are lowering their buy rates to next to nothing. Even then, they are going bust or selling up or merging.

Why is it my problem that you can't afford a new game or don't have an internet connection?

I'm thinking of the developers that will now be getting paid for the second hand market as a result. If I was developing, I'd side with Microsoft.

20. miller

miller What's a Dremel?

Following the Xbox One event that recently finished up, the stock market has revealed that Microsoft is actually down around 0.70%, with Sony posting a rise of about 8.5%. Looking at their full numbers, Microsoft is hovering around a 34.83 a share and Sony is at roughly 22.68.

What these numbers could mean is that, after seeing everything the Xbox One has to offer, interest in the PlayStation 4 is higher than Microsoft’s new system, with investors worried about the direction Xbox One is taking.

And that was before E3 :wallbash:

[​IMG]

Tags: Add Tags