1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 4 netcode fixes 'one of the top priorities'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 4 Mar 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Dou't I'm the only one who is done been a beta tester for EA and there games. Will not buy another EA backed launch title. Bf4, sim city easily 2 of the most broken games on launch. Sim city one year later is the game it should of been. Wonder if we will be saying the same thing about bf4 in the same time frame.

3. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Mostly people just need to learn to lead their shots. The occurrence of netcode related issue is a lot less (when you have a good ping) then most people think. It is there but on the PC it doesn't happen very often.

4. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

^ So that is why DICE have said they have something to fix?

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I generally get a ping of around 15ms when playing BF4 but I get the issues of One Hit Kills all the time, also now I have the dropped packets squares on my screen pretty much all the time.

I pretty much done with this game now.

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It seems odd that netcode problems would be effecting BF4, aren't things like netcode transposable from one use to another, i.e using the same algorithms that BF3 used for lag compensation, prediction. and all the other tricks that have been used since Quake.

7. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

There's quite a bit more to the issue. It is the same as BF3, but it's other bugs that they have introduced have caused most of the issues.

There a good post about it here

If you have time and read down through the posts, a Dice employee who goes by name of sliced_lime explains quite a bit as to what the issues are and what they are working on. I found it quite interesting to read his posts.

8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Thanks Chris, i had a felling it was more complicated than my layman's understanding on the subject. No matter what problems exist in BF4 it's good to see develops are working on fixes and communicating with their players, something not all developers do much to my annoyance.

9. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

If you're so pro, and it's all about leading shot, you won't have a problem explaining this:

10. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

What I meant was that when ever I am playing and some one complains about netcode its usually a player who is not doing well. (in game)

That is rather old and predates a lot of the netcode patches.

I never said I was a pro player, I tend to play games for fun.
    Mostly just say they have already fixed a lot of the issues and I do not run into them very often any more. I am talking about my personal experience.

11. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

It was last night actually. It's not one off sort of things either, that's also how I could get an interesting BF moment #DICEd/#DICEpls clip. There are many many videos on YouTube covering the issues, DICE needed to save face from the growing hostility and regain some trust that they are capable of making a quality AAA game. Especially with Mirrors Edge 2 and SW Battlefront # on the horizon.

Proof it's a recent glitch:

5:00 for those unwilling to watch all.

Ignorance, the beginning of all stupidity.

Last edited: 4 Mar 2014
  12. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Well I'm a massive BF fan but they lost me with BF4 - didn't buy it. I'll be back if/when they make a GREAT game again. Preferably one that brings back the gameplay from earlier releases. I'm having too much fun in other games to really bother with a broken game.