1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Minecraft, Tekkit and protecting your losses

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 20 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Tekkit server, eh? Somehow that seems familiar... :D http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=233699

And by the way... Press Full Stop key to open MiniMap options, turn on deathpoints - you'll get a waypoint showing the way back to the point where you died. No more hunting for your stuff :). Unless of course you die in lava - a deathpoint won't help you to get your stuff back... :D

I have death chests enabled on my server, which can survive in lava, and makes sure your dropped items don't get de-spawned.

3. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

Just updated the story with a link to the forum post - cheers BLC!

4. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

Tekkit is a bit of a douchey group. The mod authors haven't given any permissions to tekkit to distribute their mods and the adverts make tekkit a fair bit of money on what is mostly other peoples work.

If that bothers you try the http://feed-the-beast.com/ mod pack it has all the permissions of the mod authors.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

6. Rob Lang

Rob Lang What's a Dremel?

I play standard survival on a server. We build big stuff. I die A LOT. Mostly from Creepers and Falling off things.

When spelunking over the years, I've got adept at popping chests down every so often and leaving markers: torches on the walls light the room, torches on the floor show the way home. Build your chests and torches before you head down and then just keep popping them down every so often.

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

/\ Not hardcore...

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Following the recent debacle over Forestry, there was a lot of misinformation and mud-slinging on both sides. Coding your mod so that it would destroy worlds when used with a mod pack and then trying to hide your tracks by later reverting the code is a pretty douchey thing to do; using the work of others without credit, recognition or permission is also a pretty douchey thing to do.

I try not to get drawn into the politics of it all. Tekkit is a great mod pack which works pretty well (despite some of its bugs) and is quite popular. I also enjoy playing it; you miss out on a lot of the newer stuff in the vanilla game, but there's a metric crapton of extra stuff that's good fun to use.

Tags: Add Tags