1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Emarque™ SCARF - Silverstone TJ07

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by kiri_k, 12 Mar 2017.

1. kiri_k

kiri_k What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first casemod build log post here! My previous worklogs were in my local forum, LowYat.net here in Malaysia. Decided to post it here as all my idols and peeps I look up to are here.

This is a personal project I've been itching to do for quite some time based in my all time favorite case, the Silverstone TJ07 - way ahead of its time in design and modularity ever since its launch in 2006. We've done a casemod in a TJ11 and it turned out pretty sweet last year - featured in the Nvidia Pascal Launch here in Malaysia. Partly inspired by XForma, Scarf will be an original TJ07 case mod with some noticeable elements of its own.

Massive thanks to Nvidia, EK Waterblocks and Gigabyte for sponsoring this build. This build will be featured in the biggest LAN party in South East Asia, Cyberfusion. This build will be showcasing a green, chrome and black theme. The GPU's however will remain in their sexiest Founder's Edition form while the CPU will be liquid cooled using chrome copper tubing piping and also a custom made reservoir.

Specification
    (Will be fully completed once the build is complete - ya know, minor changes here and there)
    - NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 FOUNDER'S EDITION 8GB GDDR5X
    - NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 FOUNDER'S EDITION 8GB GDDR5X
    Power Supply Unit
    - SILVERSTONE Strider SST-ST80F-TI 800W
    Chassis
    - Silverstone Temjin TJ07
    Sleeving
    - Custom Sleeved with Revoluzion Technologia PET

Cooling:
    - EK-FB GA Z270X RGB Monoblock - Nickel
    - EK-CoolStream PE 480 (Quad)
    - EK-AF Angled 90° G1/4 Nickel
    - EK-HDC Fitting 12mm G1/4 - Nickel
    - EK-AF Pass-Through G1/4 - Nickel
    - EK-AF Angled 45° 2F G1/4 - Nickel
    - EK-AF Angled 90° 2F G1/4 - Nickel
    - EK-AF Extender 20mm M-F G1/4 - Nickel
    - EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite - Plexi (incl. pump)
    - Custom Acrylic Reservoir
    - Nickel Plated Copper Tubing 12/10MM

Estimation of build completion

July 2017

A few sexy shots of the GTX 1080's. Reused these from the Emarque album when it first launched last year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Case preparation, its a used chassis I managed to source out from a local PC enthusiast.
    Cleaned the parts and stripped down to remove some of the parts to make room for the modifications and watercooling.

[​IMG]

Begun working on the custom mid-section and bottom plate for a cleaner look and mounting.

Had to cut off these edges to place a flat acrylic plate over it for a cleaner look - covering the holes.

[​IMG]

Good ol' trusted angle grinder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Done the bottom plate.

[​IMG]

Starts work on the custom mid-section beside the motherboard for a cleaner look for that as well.

[​IMG]

After painting them matte black. Clean and beautiful, will have to drill a hole and use the Dremel Motosaw to cut the holes for the 24pin and 8 PIN PCIE's

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Jul 2017