1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft coughs to Assassin's Creed Unity AMD bugs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 13 Nov 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Good excuse if they can get away with it, not that i think they will as reports suggest the game is buggy no matter what hardware it's running on, people are saying they are seeing problems with Intel and Nvidia hardware.

I know i shouldn't be laughing but i couldn't help myself when i watched the 11 videos polygon published that show how badly bugged AC: Unity is.

3. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Arent they also seeing similar issues on the PS4 and Xbox One tho? PC configuration issues is one thing but with consoles the hardware is fixed so a lot less excusable to see the errors being seen on a console (low FPS, clipping etc)

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This is heartbreaking for me, I've got my head fully immersed in this franchise atm and I was excited about this one :(

At least all platforms, being online services with streamed updates, have a reasonable shot at getting patches that fix these problems. That's the silver lining to having your console perpetually attached by an umbilical cord to Microsoft's/Sony's servers.

5. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

:D Invisible kart racing looks more fun than AC.

6. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Ah yes, AMD APU+GPU problems. Those are all, really? This game is genuinely struggling to run on a system with a i7-3820, 32GB Ram, and a GTX690, so...

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

8. Deders

Deders Modder

Are you saying it's limited to 30fps on PC?

9. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Given CPC's GPU testing assuming 30fps is the minimum requirement to pass, what's the big deal? Don't you just ramp up the detail if your card can handle more than that?

10. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

You must be new here...

Last edited: 15 Nov 2014
  11. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Consoles are from Mars, PC's are from Venus, don't build a £1,000 gaming rig to play at 30fps :nono:

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

14. rollo

rollo Modder

They can declare but the big publishers will just not give them review code anymore, it's a very difficult thing to ignore as I've seen the awful contracts and you break those nda and you can be sued for a lot of cash.

15. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I think you mean post release embargoes. :baby:

Does stating you aren't going to abide by post release embargoes mean they won't send any review copies to those reviewers, just those with post release embargoes, or that the reviewer would break the embargo and risk being blacklisted ?

16. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Erm...so doesn't the site just buy a copy, paid for from ad revenues and review it regardless?

17. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Newish. And obviously not allowed to join your Master Race (so whilst not taking your bait, I do evidently have a sense of humour that outweighs your sense of wanting to help a newcomer).

Let me know when it gets lonely in Selfrighteousville.

Last edited: 17 Nov 2014
  18. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Most big review sites don't buy the games they write about and they don't really have a choice about it.

Review site a gets review copy from publisher several days before release
    Review site b buys retail copy of the same game

Now guess which site will have the review done first and subsequently survives on ad revenue while the other one slips into obscurity.

19. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

It was a joke. I'm sorry if I didn't include an emote to make it easier to tell.

I do not think of this as a master race. Simply much more flexible, and a bit more sensical than consoles, if albeit more complex. Each has their pros and cons, I just prefer PC's due to sheer flexibility and horsepower.

Being new is nothing wrong. Hell I was new here not even two years ago. The reason I don't help newcomers is because I tend to do more harm than good. So I stay out of the way and let others help. Things tend to turn out better that way.

Thing about Ubisoft is that it's gimping graphics and capping frame rate/resolution. They purposefully prevent you from taking advantage of a PC's horsepower because they think it's more "balanced" that way. Obviously this is incredibly stupid and as such they're getting flak for it.

Add this on top, and the fact that they just keep doing the same crap and they're basically digging their own grave. Or they're blind, deaf and just plain stupid. Probably all of the above now that I think of it :lol:

All of this after their promise to "treat PC gamers better" a while back.

Last edited: 17 Nov 2014
  20. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Either that or as some people have suggested they are being leaned on by the big two console makers to gimp the PC ports of their games.