1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice roughly £500 quid specs, what you guys think? Can I do better for price?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by volc25, 2 Dec 2012.

1. volc25

volc25 What's a Dremel?

Gonna build a new pc, these are the specs I am thinking of buying.

I3 3225

Gigabyte GA277D3H

8GB Patriot G2 Ram

530W Bequiet! PSU

Artic Freezer Fan

Seagate Barracuda 1 TB

Lite on DVD Drive

Artec one case, right with the case I am unsure, I hear that these are good cheap cases but Scan dont sell them as I am going to go with the scan finance option.

Later on I am going to add a AMD Radeon HD 7850 1GB

are these all compatible do you think as well.

Thanks!:thumb:

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Does not look like £500 worth in that list

Unless you are getting monitor and OS.

And I'd be against getting a computer on finance.

The parts you have listed are compatible just seems expensive if that lot alone comes to £500 with no Gpu.

3. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

A Z77 board is not useful for a non-K CPU. Check out B75 and H77 boards. H77 is otherwise identical to Z77 but it doesn't support overclocking, while B75 has slightly less features (such as only one SATA 6GBit/s port).

£500 should easily fit an SSD.

4. volc25

volc25 What's a Dremel?

that comes to around £420 at the moment, yes I was planning to get the SSD just forgot to write above. whats a good SSD which is also cheap?

I already have a monitor and speakers so that isnt needed. I just want a good everyday computer that can also play diablo 3 on decentish settings.

scan 9months interest free finance isnt bad so i plan on paying it in one next year accuring no interest.

if you guys had £500 to spend on a pc what would you get? I'm kind of just going off recommendations from custom pc uk.

5. Silent_Raider

Silent_Raider What's a Dremel?

With the Z77 board there, I would just get a 60-64GB SSD, either Samsung 840, Samsung 830, or Crucial M4 and use it as a cache drive with the 1TB drive. That way, you will get better speeds than just the HDD without having to add the cost of a higher capacity SSD.