1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks ADSL Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by healthhazad, 12 Mar 2012.

1. healthhazad

healthhazad What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

My ADSL connection has been playing up recently. Lots of connection dropouts - literally watching the PPP debug log and you can see it initiates then drops etc etc. Sometimes it will stay connected for long enough to use.

Changed the ADSL filter and now have a 'test' router from the supplier.

I only have the telephone and router plugged into the new filter and then into the 'master socket' (only have one socket as its a flat).

Below is a dump of the ADSL log from the new router. It has been up 20 minutes and the number of errors seems insanely high!

Would be nice to hear from any experts in this area as to what they think might be causing this and any suggestions...

I will no doubt have to arrange for an engineer visit but my concern is the cost implication if they don't find anything.

My connection had been stable for a long time with the odd blip on rare occasions. Nothing has been changed at my end.

DSL Connection
    Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:20:17
    DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
    Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 440 / 15,722
    Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
    Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 13.0 / 0.0
    Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 9.5 / 25.5
    SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.0 / 7.5
    Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
    Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
    Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 199 / 0
    Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
    Loss of Link (Remote): 0
    Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 155 / 0
    FEC Errors (Up/Down): 4,294,967,200 / 75,844
    CRC Errors (Up/Down): 4,294,967,200 / 241
    HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 227

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Give your connection supplier a ring, if it's LLU they will be able to see the disconnects on their equipment (remotely from their end) and advise on the cause/fix.

3. healthhazad

healthhazad What's a Dremel?

Yeah they have been on it for a bit and have seen that the line regularly drops at the moment.

That info dump was without me really doing any internet related stuff.

I've just started watching YouTube etc to see how it affects the figures. I just want to avoid the £180 bill somebody might try and drop on me with some lame excuse as to why its my problem.