1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage OCZ Vector 128GB SSD my findings.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 2 Mar 2013.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I have come to own a fair few different SSD's since back when they first started to appear.
    I have to say that this is one of the fastest 128GB SSD I have owed. Results below speak for them self.

The reason I purchased the OCZ Vector SSD, was purely from being very disappointed in the PNY Prevail 120GB SSD I bought a few weeks back. Read and write speeds where nowhere near the quoted speeds. 550MB\s reads - 515MB\s writes, when in fact I was getting 380MB\s read - 140MB\s writes on a good day.
    Also over the short period of time, the SSD was becoming slower and slower at starting windows, to a point that a Mechanical drive would have been faster.

So following the picture on the box of the PNY Prevail 120GB, and what was advertised. I was quite disapointed.
    [​IMG]

The OCZ Vector 128GB SSD on the other hand, lived up to my expectations, as I have previously own a Vertex 3, and that was a joy to use! My findings where not far wrong either! :)
    [​IMG]

Very pleased with it, and I'm sure the 256GB version, is even more of a joy, from benchmarks I have seen! :)

Last edited by a moderator: 2 Mar 2013
  2. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Mate get 2 and raid 0 the badboys, I have that with my M4's and the speed is crazy

3. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

If you do let me know how that go's im stuck between two vectors and 840 pros :p

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Yeah, I may look into another soon, for some raid 0 madness. :)