1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Applying pressure to motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 3Dbuild, 25 Nov 2010.

1. 3Dbuild

3Dbuild Minimodder

Hi,

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question on my first ever build hopefully this weekend:

Regarding the motherboard and inserting items such as RAM, Graphics cards and so on. I have a slide out motherboard tray with the stand off’s already added. Whilst applying pressure to insert the above is it best to do this with the motherboard attached to the stand off’s or not? I was worried that applying pressure to the motherboard with it attached to the stand off’s might cause damage at these areas?

All the best and thank you

2. Lord-Vale3

Lord-Vale3 His Tremendousness

Install the motherboard to the tray and put the tray in the case first. Then install the GPU, RAM etc.

Make sure you install the CPU cooler to the mobo first before you put the tray into the case, or atleast the back plate

3. Pohaku

Pohaku What's a Dremel?

I've only done one build myself, and I put the mobo on the standoffs before anything else, if I remember right. I'm pretty sure everything else, CPU, RAM, etc went on after that and I didn't have any problems.

That was without a tray, it was straight onto the case, and my cooler didn't need a back-plate behind the mobo either.

4. 3Dbuild

3Dbuild Minimodder

Ok, i thought i had better check first. Thank you