1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Website/Email Hosting

Discussion in 'Software' started by deathtaker27, 29 Jun 2015.

1. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Hi guys

got a few domains I would rather not keep running on a home server, so I would like recommendations for a web host with good email hosting at a good price

Mainly hosting wordpress and bespoke play about stuff, currently looking at the below but looking for recommendations for similar at a good price

https://www.vidahost.com/cloud-web-hosting/overview (Starter Package/£29 per year)

note: I did consider 365 but for 5-10 email addresses i dont want to pay over £100 per year (looked at exchange online plan 1)

Thanks

DT

Last edited: 29 Jun 2015
  2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I generally use a US host as the exchange rate makes it much cheaper.

I've been with http://asmallorange.com on their 'small' $5 month plan ($50yr = £30). They give you 50GB bandwidth and 5GB space so double what vidahost offer and allow unlimited domains too.

If you use my link and the coupon code 'FRIENDME' you'll get 15% off also :)

3. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Can get you a good deal with BigWetFish.
    FB me :)

4. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

AVOID 1and1 like the plague. That is all.

Teelzebub likes this.
  5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'm using hosting packages with Vidahost for 17 websites for myself, friends and a few local charities and am very happy with the services they provide.
    Had a few setup issues in the early days with one or two sites but a quick message to their support team and all was sorted within 24 hours.

They've been doing a stellar job for my uses for almost 6 years, they're very easy to talk to and you can add and remove things from your hosting package almost on the fly through a quick chat with one of their staff.

Sites I've got with them use a variety of things from a plain and simple website to sites using software like WordPress, Drupal, Moodle, phpBB and Magento.
    I think I've only got one website not hosted with them which is one on Wix.com as I inherited that one rather than set it up... planning on transferring is over later this year though.

6. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum