bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 21st Jan 2008, 02:24   #201
dacust
What's a Dremel?

dacust has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
1.5TB of downloaded satellite photos and topo charts. I've almost got the entire Microsoft TerraServer downloaded. Been working on it about a year, now. 100% of the topo charts in both resolutions, 100% of the b&w photos in low resolution, about 70% of the b&w in high res. Also about 20% of the color stuff.

Then I have to convert them to geotiff and then to .kap so they can be used in my navigation software. THAT will take another 3-5TB. I'm waiting 'til last minute to buy more disk since it keeps getting cheaper.

My laptop finally bit the dust for real, so it looks like I may start on the marine computer sooner than I thought. So the Erector stuff keeps being pushed further back....

I haven't been back in here for quite a while. Gotta take some time and see what everyone's been up to.

My programs don't have bugs, they just develop random features.

WaterPlant worklog - in progress - Bit-Tech article - WaterPlant site - Home Page - PowerPlant PC - Designing
Don't worry about your english. This is an international forum. That's what makes it great. If I don't understand, I'll ask. Just MOD ON!
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scratch build

View Mode