1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D5 pump PWM- brain dead :duh:

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by hairyknacker, 27 Aug 2015.

1. hairyknacker

hairyknacker Minimodder

Howdy- having a very senior moment here

Going back to water for a build and have a D5 pump with pwm 4 pin connector- if I connect to motherboard, will I be able to control the output? If so, any recommended software.

Last time I was under water, I had a D5 pump connected to an Aquaero 5 via aquabus and my current fan controller- a Lamptron Touch- only has 3 pin connectors so don't think that would work- or would it?

I know these are the most stupid questions ever asked but have just had a complete brain freeze:duh:

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I doubt you'll be able to drive a D5 off a motherboard fan header.

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

If it's a PWM pump there should only be 2 wires into the 4 pin Fan header with another 2 wires for power ending in a 4 pin molex type/auxiliary connector to go to a PSU connector.

If you have an Asus motherboard then Fan Xpert (part of the AI Suite) is pretty good for PWM control, otherwise Speedfan which can be a bit complicated to setup usually works.

4. hairyknacker

hairyknacker Minimodder

pump does have a molex for power- see- having a total nightmare of a day!
    mobo is a MSI gaming Z97 ACK thingy and not sure what that has software wise- I am aware of Speedfan so will see when I finish the build- be a week or so as waiting on fittings

5. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

If you do end up using Speedfan then Martin's guide here is very helpful in setting it up.

6. hairyknacker

hairyknacker Minimodder

Thanks for that Biggie!

Much appreciated :thumb: